Working with thunderbolt

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series digital camera backs.

Working with thunderbolt

Postby Matt32 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:46 pm

I was wondering if anyone has been using something like the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock for tethering cameras and what the results have been?

I am currently tethering to 1 of my 2 MacBook Pros with the thunderbolt with an Apple Adapter. Either with or without batteries placed in the back. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it fails to fully transfer an image, sometimes the camera just disconnects.

I should also note that I use the unibrain firewire repeater but I find these to have an extremely short lifespan considering we shoot 10-20 days a month.

Thanks.
Matt32

Re: Working with thunderbolt

Postby eavesphoto » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:23 am

I've been using the Belkin Thunderbolt 1 hub which has USB 3 and FireWire 800 without a problem.
I also have the Akitio Thunder Dock and have used it with the IQ280 back without a problem.
Both of been used on my two-year-old 27 inch iMac and last falls 15 inch retina MacBook Pro.
I also carry a FireWire 800 extender with the repeater and a USB three repeater in digital tech kit.

Brian
eavesphoto

Return to Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series camera backs