Moving images to a new hard drive and C1 catalogs

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Moving images to a new hard drive and C1 catalogs

Postby tingyat » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi,

Just recently have had to my image archive to a new (larger) hard drive. When using Capture One, usually work with catalogs.

Now that I've moved my images on to a new drive, Capture One shows up my images as being "Offline".

My question is, I now cannot seem to find a way to link up my C1 catalogs with the images on the new drive. Any hints on how to get this sorted? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA - Rogan
tingyat

Re: Moving images to a new hard drive and C1 catalogs

Postby Drew » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Right click on the parent folder of the files.
Choose "Locate".
Find the new location for the same folder.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Phil51 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:20 pm

Drew wrote:Right click on the parent folder of the files.
Choose "Locate".
Find the new location for the same folder.

I'm having the same issue and have just tried the above suggestion but can't get it to work. Could you explain the above proceedure a little more? If I right click on any folder it doesn't give me the option to choose 'locate'. Which is the parent folder of the files?

Many thanks
Phil51

Postby Eric1121 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:53 pm

In C1 8, I just copied some files from an hard drive to the other, and afterwards fixing the catalog using the "Locate" feature. (under Library / Folders)
However, it seems the "Locate" is available only if C1 cannot find the current folder.
Thus, if the previous folder still exist, a simple trick is to rename the folder, and then 'Locate' to the already copied folder in the other disk.
Eric1121

Return to Capture One 7.x Software