Fastest way to shoot models with phase one software ?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Fastest way to shoot models with phase one software ?

Postby steve155 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello I am hoping some fashion shooters out there who shoot tethered with phase one digital backs and capture one software.

I want to be able to shoot as quickly as possible in this tethered environment. Let's assume that my strobe lighting is up to snuff and not part of the delay. Are there certain settings and software choices that will allow me to shoot even faster than default ? Can someone also suggest the perfect Mac platform for this type of shooting ? I feel certain I should be able to set the system up to shoot as fast as possible by optimizing settings ?
steve155

Re: Fastest way to shoot models with phase one software ?

Postby Christian Gruner » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 pm

What DB are you shooting with ?
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby steve155 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:18 pm

I'd love to shoot with the P65+ but it seems the slowest. I also have a P25+ and an H25. I use the cannon because none of these are fast enough. Would love to use the phase backs instead.
steve155

Postby Christian Gruner » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Right now the IQ250 is the fastest, but generally using the IQ backs with USB3 provides you with some very fast transfer-times.

Computerwise, a SSD is a very wise choice, and also a quality Firewire/USB3 controller to keep the connection stable.

But as mentioned, on the p25+ and h25 (and similar backs) connected to a modern computer, the bottleneck will be the Firewire interface.
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby steve155 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Ok....ssd. It looks like there is no avoiding some upgrades if I need more performance.
steve155

Postby MidWestTech » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:33 pm

SSD is great place to start...

What model Mac are you running? I could suggest some additional improvements, models are what we do 5 days a week 52 weeks a year.
MidWestTech

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software