Exclamation mark instead of previews in Catalog-HELP!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Exclamation mark instead of previews in Catalog-HELP!

Postby NNN635234159776111282 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:13 am

Have anyone experience an issue (2013 iMAC+2014 rMBP) where working with one Catalog and referenced library (GDRIVE) instead of previews got exclamation mark? All of my system folders are fine and read by Aperture, Lightroom, Capture NXD and more but Capture One Pro 7.2.3 or 7.2.2 shows them being also maybe "corrupted" where titles of system folders disappeared and changed to question marks. I did try everything, apparently unprofessional and USELESS Phase One customer support?? did not do anything and said to call APPLE or GDRIVE to solve the problem with them. I lost adjustment and meta data with over 10,000 images, left with nothing and no one from Phase One seems to care...

Here is copy of my last email from Phase One customer support (really??)

"...Hello *censored word*, I am sorry to hear of your issues with clients. I have found out the info we spoke about but was out the other day. My apologies on not answering yesterday. From what we understand if the software is working with your local drive correctly we are most likely not at fault for the external drives folders not being seen in Capture One. I do realize that perhaps other softwares do not have an issue but that does not relate to ours and ours does work with your local drive. It is quite possible that the upgrade to 7.2.3 as well as 10.9.4 OS has had an effect on your ability to work with external drives. Maybe a configuration issue. If you remember we could not repair or work on your externals which seemed odd. I would suggest speaking with G-Raid or Apple in regards to this. Unfortunately , newer OSs can have other requirements and changes that can affect permissions. I would suggest speaking with Apple about this as I have heard about permissions issues with Mavericks but do not work for Apple so can not verify. If you would like please submit a system profile so we can see exactly when you updated to Mavericks. I know I took a look on our screenshare but having it here would help. http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article. ... nguageid=1
Best Regards,
Phase One Support..."
NNN635234159776111282

Re: Exclamation mark instead of previews in Catalog-HELP!

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:25 am

Where is your catalog file located? On your internal or external drive?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NNN635234159776111282 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:23 am

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:Where is your catalog file located? On your internal or external drive?

Content Deleted
Last edited by Drew on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate response and poor behavior
NNN635234159776111282

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 am

I take you comment with a smile. :wink:
I am a real user, not a Phase One staff member, if that is of your concern.

You have not had any reply to your thread so far, so you can choose to deal with me or take your problem elsewhere.

Your post is missing some vital information for me to understand. I suggest you get over your anger and deal with your issue maturely.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Drew » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:10 am

Hello NNN635234159776111282
I completely understand that you are upset and frustrated. You're entitled to be just that if you wish.

However, looking through your Support Case I can see that the appropriate steps were taken by our supporter. If you do not agree with their findings, that too is your choice. However, they are professionals that investigate system errors such as yours regularly and have a bit more insight into the issues that you have requested assistance with. Again, you're welcome to disagree with them but I will not tolerate being rude or disrespectful.

If you'd like further assistance in your conflict we are happy to help you and provide you with further assistance.
However, if you intend to continue to be rude and negative to the advice, suggestions and questions regarding the conflict at hand I will simply remove your posts, and we will further no longer respond to any Support Case that rely heavily on the more "colorful" adjectives of the English language.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby NNN635234159776111282 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:18 am

My content being written by ME was deleted by ADMIN of this forum pretending to me be. How stupid is that!?
NNN635234159776111282

Postby Drew » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:06 pm

NNN635234159776111282 wrote:My content being written by ME was deleted by ADMIN of this forum pretending to me be. How stupid is that!?

No one was pretending. The edit notes show exactly who edited it (me) and why. :wink:
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 7.x Software