Camera control and PhaseOne P45+

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Camera control and PhaseOne P45+

Postby NN217188UL » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me if camera control will work on the PhaseOne DF645 with a P45+ back on it. There's no free test version available and since I can't control the camera from CaptureOne, I wonder if this will be possible with this app? Can't find information on the site.
Steven
NN217188UL

Re: Camera control and PhaseOne P45+

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Your back (P45+) is on the list of supported camera's:
http://www.phaseone.com/en/Software/Cap ... pport.aspx

However, I am surprised that you do not have controls in Capture One 6. Have you checked with your dealer?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ulf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:46 am

P45+ does not have camera controls, for this you need the new generation camera interface.
The new camera interface allows camera control and 1/1600 flash sync.
This is only available on P40+/P65+ and the IQ series.

What you will be able to do in the iOS application is the same as you can do in Capture One.
Which in this case will be to initiate capture and change ISO.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby George52 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:04 pm

I see the answer to this question was back in July 2011. Wondering if any update or change has occurred. I have a P45+ on a Mamiya 645 AFD III with a Mamiya 120mm macro MF D lens. No camera controls are active for use in C1 (v6.3.3) and an additional issue is that I can shoot 2-3 images, then the camera (mamiya) stops working. All on, no errors, just nothing. whether I hit capture in the software or push the actual shutter button, nothing.
George52

Postby Drew » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 am

Ulf wrote:P45+ does not have camera controls, for this you need the new generation camera interface.

To clarify the response from July of '11, the P45+ was simply not built with the hardware to make this possible. Backs built after the P45+ have this option as they have newer hardware with advanced hardware integration to accommodate camera/back communication.
The ability to control the camera, in software, through the connection to the back is not controlled by software or firmware. This is strictly a hardware feature.

George52 wrote:... an additional issue is that I can shoot 2-3 images, then the camera (mamiya) stops working. All on, no errors, just nothing. whether I hit capture in the software or push the actual shutter button, nothing.

This would suggest something is amiss with the Camera body, perhaps a simple fix. I would suggest you contact your dealer to investigate what may be causing this.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software