Instructions for clean install/uninstall

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Instructions for clean install/uninstall

Postby Valentin3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:03 am

I know there are instructions how to completely remove capture one for a clean install. You would think they would make a sticky for this, but no. Even searching for it doesn't come up.

Does anybody have the link to the instructions?

I'm fed up with v7 and I need to go back to v6. The software crashes continuously.
Valentin3
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Instructions for clean install/uninstall

Postby Steven48 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:24 am

Have submitted any support cases? P1 has stated on many threads that if you don't open support cases they can't do much to help you solve the problems your having. They can't fix what they don't know is broken. 8)
Steven48
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Re: Instructions for clean install/uninstall

Postby Valentin3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:03 am

There is no need for support case since the instructions are already posted. The problem is finding them. Somebody posted them last week, but now I can't find the link.
Valentin3
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Instructions for clean install/uninstall

Postby Jason131 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:52 am

Here you go (for the Mac at least).

http://captureintegration.com/uninstall ... -4-on-mac/

I believe it makes a significant difference if you do a proper uninstall and then install, rather than just installing the new version over the old. Good luck.
Jason131
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: Instructions for clean install/uninstall

Postby Steven48 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Valentin3 wrote:There is no need for support case since the instructions are already posted. The problem is finding them. Somebody posted them last week, but now I can't find the link.

I wasn't recommending a support case for that, I was recommending the support case for the crashing problems.
Steven48
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Re: Instructions for clean install/uninstall

Postby Valentin3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Jason131 wrote:Here you go (for the Mac at least).

http://captureintegration.com/uninstall ... -4-on-mac/

I believe it makes a significant difference if you do a proper uninstall and then install, rather than just installing the new version over the old. Good luck.



Thanks.
Valentin3
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Instructions for clean install/uninstall

Postby Valentin3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Steven48 wrote:
Valentin3 wrote:There is no need for support case since the instructions are already posted. The problem is finding them. Somebody posted them last week, but now I can't find the link.

I wasn't recommending a support case for that, I was recommending the support case for the crashing problems.


I submit the log when it crashes: renaming, selecting images and moving around, changing workspaces .... and the list goes on.

As I said, I don't have time to waste to test the software for Phase. I'm going back to v6.
Valentin3
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 pm


Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests