Autoloading Metadata never stops

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Autoloading Metadata never stops

Postby Kevin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:20 pm

I've just upgraded to V7Pro from V6Pro and currently have a constantly 'spinning' activities 'wheel' that indicates it is "Autoloading Metadata for 598 images - about 00:00:00 left" This never increments up the scale and just appears to be stuck.

If I shut C1 down and start again it goes away, until I browse another folder and then it updates proxies for the images and ends up with the same message, but for a different number of seemingly random images.

Not sure if it's because I started using a catalogue and have since deleted it and gone back to sessions.

Any ideas?

-- Kevin --
Kevin

Re: Autoloading Metadata never stops

Postby Jim MSP » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Kevin wrote:... a constantly 'spinning' activities 'wheel' that indicates it is "Autoloading Metadata for 598 images - about 00:00:00 left" This never increments up the scale and just appears to be stuck.

-- Kevin --

I has always done this. Don't worry about it; I don't.
Jim MSP

Postby Kevin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks for the reply Jim - I can't say I've ever noticed with V6 or 5 though.
I didn't know if was because of this new versions abilities to talk to XMP files?

I'm not particularly bothered but just though it might be hogging resources.

-- Kevin --
Kevin

Postby Jim MSP » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Kevin wrote:Thanks for the reply Jim - I can't say I've ever noticed with V6 or 5 though.
I didn't know if was because of this new versions abilities to talk to XMP files?

I'm not particularly bothered but just though it might be hogging resources.

-- Kevin --

Media Pro does it as well.

I have always monitored resources in Windows via the task manager, and all can be quiet even with the spinning ball.
I'm more concerned about how it uses memory now during processing.
Jim MSP

Postby gregger » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:18 am

The only way I was able to get it to stop this in CO6 was by doing the thorough and ugly "Complete Uninstall" method (you can find that in a post on this forum, and knowledge base).

You basically have to remove all traces of Capture One after you uninstall it from the machine.
Which also removes all your settings, metadata, output recipes, keyboard shortcuts, etc.

But I tried that in CO7, and I still have the Autoloading Medatadata pinwheel of doom. So maybe I have a busted session somewhere.

I think it stems from a corrupted Session or (now) a Catalog. It started when I tried to re-import some images to get the folder counts to update.

On my machine I think it does use resources because I can hear the fan turn on once the pinwheel starts. The pinwheel only appears after I start doing Metdata operations (ratings and color tagging or sorting by ratings... which doesn't always behave like I'd expect it to).

Eventually in CO6, its settings session (where it keeps Undo information during your session) got so screwed up, I had to do the complete uninstall method, and that is when the Autoloading Metadata pinwheel stopped.

I'd like to figure out how to do this without nuking all my Output recipes and Keyboard shortcuts.
gregger

Postby NNN634320717969338257 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Kevin wrote:I've just upgraded to V7Pro from V6Pro and currently have a constantly 'spinning' activities 'wheel' that indicates it is "Autoloading Metadata for 598 images - about 00:00:00 left" This never increments up the scale and just appears to be stuck.

If I shut C1 down and start again it goes away, until I browse another folder and then it updates proxies for the images and ends up with the same message, but for a different number of seemingly random images.

Not sure if it's because I started using a catalogue and have since deleted it and gone back to sessions.

Any ideas?

-- Kevin --

I experienced same as described by Kevin. I intentionally let it spin for hours and, finally, the system crashed. I do not know if this spinnig was the reason, but there must be some bug in it.

-Mark
NNN634320717969338257

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software