How to use only folder view in catalog?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

How to use only folder view in catalog?

Postby David569 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:52 am

Newbie here. Is there a way to have the Folders tool for a catalog behave for example like Lightroom's folder view? I setup a new catalog, imported some existing photos and left them in their current location as opposed to storing inside the catalog. I don't want to have to use User Collections. The only way I can view the photos is via the Recent Imports. The folder I imported is no longer in Folders.

My LR setup has 3 catalogues. Personal, Business, and Other. Each has a corresponding root folder with all photos inside in their own folder structure. I'd like to mimic that with C1P.
David569

Re: How to use only folder view in catalog?

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:53 pm

In the Library tool, with your Catalog open, go to the 3rd section Folders (skip Catalog Collections and User Collections). In Folders, click on the triangle in front of the drive symbol and name (Macintosh HD for example). This should have a green light at the right to show its online state. Browse to see your folders and the images in their original locations.

Note that even with this setup (storing outside catalog) you can create User Collections.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: How to use only folder view in catalog?

Postby David569 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:05 am

Hi Paul, thanks for the response. I know about the Folders, it's just a little too removed from the file system for me. I'd like something a bit more transparent the way LR works. Also, LR lets me move folders, with C1P it looks like I'd have to move folders via Finder and then re-associate it in C1P.
David569

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software