Leaf Live View

Discussion about Leaf Capture and Leaf Remote application

Leaf Live View

Postby GeoffreyGG » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:25 am

I was wondering if there are any special exposure tricks for using live view. I was trying to shoot an interior scene, and had the camera pointed at a window with some moderate outside light as well as some interior light (high and low light levels). The contrast seemed to blow out the live view and make it unusable - although it wasn't so great a range. I had the camera wide open and tried adjusting the ISO, but that didn't help. Am I missing something, and is there a place in the manual to get some information on how live view works?

Also, is greater than 100% viewing possible in Live View.

Overall, it seems to work well (LC 11.5.1), although I'm far from expert in this. Thanks!
GeoffreyGG

Re: Leaf Live View

Postby yaya » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:44 am

In this sort of situation you can try closing the aperture a bit (as long as it doesn't mess up your focusing) or use an ND filter

In LEaf Capture the only zoom option is 100%. In Capture One you can get 400%

BR

Yair
yaya
Crew
Crew

Postby GeoffreyGG » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:28 am

Yair -

Thanks for the reply. So if I understand this right, you can adjust the f stop, and the live view will somehow recognize this? Does it shut down the lens, or just calibrate as if you have?

Geoff
GeoffreyGG

Postby yaya » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:40 am

I should have pointed out that stopping down will help on cameras/ lenses that allow this e.g Copal, Hasselblad V, Mamiya RZ etc.

On an SLR-type body you can press the stop down button if there is one

Yair
yaya
Crew
Crew

Postby GeoffreyGG » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:08 pm

FWIW, have just "calibrated" lens on the Hy6 to the Leaf back, using the Hy6 built-in focus adjustment. Is this procedure documented anywhere? If you'd like a draft could be provided... Really a great feature, although a bit OT.
GeoffreyGG

Return to Leaf Capture 11.x