Leaf Capture and Lion

Discussion about Leaf Capture and Leaf Remote application

Leaf Capture and Lion

Postby rbk-photo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi there
Do anyone use Lion with Leaf Capture in the moment ... and when .. does it work??

Thanks

Rolf
rbk-photo.com
rbk-photo

Re: Leaf Capture and Lion

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 am

A thread on Lion runs on the Capture One 6 sub forum here:
viewtopic.php?p=49268#p49268

I plan to test some applications on Lion the next couple of days, and can include Leaf Capture (11.5.1).

Update: LC 11.5.1 runs fine on Lion; no known issues as far as Leaf is concerned.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Bruce Rohr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:48 pm

Hello, I recently purchased a new Mamiya Pro D II with the Mamiya DM back (Really an Leaf Aptus- II) . I also purchased a new Mac Pro Tower running 10.7., to run the system. I downloaded Leaf 11.5.1 and it has been pretty solid so far. The only problem I had was when I was shooting in quick repetition going faster than the software could download, (probably not a good idea); however, I wanted to see what the limits were; the program stopped working and I had to quit and restart to get things stable again.

Bruce Rohr
Bruce Rohr

Postby yaya » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Bruce Rohr wrote:Hello, I recently purchased a new Mamiya Pro D II with the Mamiya DM back (Really an Leaf Aptus- II) . I also purchased a new Mac Pro Tower running 10.7., to run the system. I downloaded Leaf 11.5.1 and it has been pretty solid so far. The only problem I had was when I was shooting in quick repetition going faster than the software could download, (probably not a good idea); however, I wanted to see what the limits were; the program stopped working and I had to quit and restart to get things stable again.

Bruce Rohr

You cannot overshoot the software but you can overshoot the back if you use the camera without a motordrive. In that case you might get corrupted images of the software will freeze

You can set the software to shoot compressed in the Shoot panel. This will make the files a bit smaller (lossless still) and will help on a fast Mac

Yair
--
Yair Shahar | Product Manager - Cultural Heritage |Phase One
e: ysh@phaseone.com | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 |
yaya
Crew
Crew

Postby Bruce Rohr » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks, I will give that a try. I wondered if checking the compressed box would help.
Bruce Rohr

Postby Bruce Rohr » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:37 pm

After several very good shoots, I started up the Leaf Capture 11.5.1 and my new system (RZ Pro D 2 with Mamiya DM 22 back, and a new Mac Pro Tower running Lion (10.7) I could not get it to work past a few captures. It would recognize the camera and seem to be fine for a few shots and then I got the spinning beach ball on the Mac , then when I would shoot the camera it would flash and the back would indicate a green light, but no image would be downloaded to the computer. I had to go back to my old Valeo's and Leaf 8.4.6 to complete the shoot. After a phone call to Pat Buono at Mac Group he suggested trying running the camera on one of my older Mac's running 10.5. Going to the Leaf site to download the software I looked at the options for the Mac and the download was offered in the 64 or 32 bit version. At this point I think..hmm, I don't recall making that choice when I loaded the new Leaf on the new Mac Tower running Lion 10.7. So I go back to the Mac Tower and sure enough I had the 32 bit version loaded. I toss that out and reload it with the 64 bit; fired it up and ran it all day today as a simulated shoot. I've done this for several days now and the system was rock solid. However, I always think of that old aphorism that a thousand experiments will not prove you right, but one can prove you wrong, establishing a rigorous case of cause and effect can be problematic.
Bruce Rohr

Postby yaya » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:19 am

Hi Bruce,

Glad to hear that your self troubleshooting did its magic, well done and thanks for sharing!

Yair
--
yaya
Crew
Crew

Postby Bruce Rohr » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:50 pm

One coda to my last entry. I received the notice of the new LC 11.5.2 in my e-mail. Loaded it up and saw that it changed by firmware.. I thought okay that's fine. Seemed similar to the Leaf 11.5.1 tethered. One problem I had was in going from manual save to auto save, caused my Mamiya Pro D 2 to freeze and not want to shoot. May have been an fluke, but thought I would post it. When I went back to Leaf 11.5.1 it was fine switching from manual to auto save. I am using a Leaf Aptus 2 also labeled Mamiya DM 22 running Mac Lion 10.7
Bruce Rohr

Postby yaya » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 am

Bruce I suggest that you trash the preferences and re-launch to software

Quit the software, go to the Leaf Capture Application folder and look into a folder that is called Utilities. In there you will find an item called Reset Preferences. Double-Click it and the start Leaf Capture again

You may have also noticed that you back now has a new GUI installed;-)

BR

Yair
--
yaya
Crew
Crew

Postby Bruce Rohr » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:33 am

Yair,

Thanks so much, I just read your post! I thought the system would e-mail me when I got a reply. Glad I checked in. Thank-you so much, as I have been having some difficulties in getting my system to work properly.
Bruce Rohr

Postby NN158465UL1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:29 am

Hi,
I have a Leaf Aptus 65 back with 645AF II.
My new macbook pro has no Fire Wire 400 so I had to buy the Phasone Cable FW 400 - FW 800.
It does´t work and start to show images plenty of color dots...
I don't know what happened...

Did someone have the same problem?
Thanks.
A.
NN158465UL1

Postby Ulf » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:08 am

There is a angled Leaf cable which is 400 -> 800 which you can purchase from any Leaf dealer.
We do not recommend the none-angled Phase One cable in any of the Leaf Aptus backs.
Leaf Credo is fine due to the different firewire port design.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Narada » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:07 am

Ulf wrote:There is a angled Leaf cable which is 400 -> 800 which you can purchase from any Leaf dealer.
We do not recommend the none-angled Phase One cable in any of the Leaf Aptus backs.
Leaf Credo is fine due to the different firewire port design.

What? Firewire is an industry standard connection and protocol called IEEE-1394. Why would we have to use your "right-angle" cable that is quadruple the price of a standard cable. The only difference between 400 and 800 is 800 is a smaller physical connector. The data signal and power connections have not changed, nor can can they be without working.
Narada

Postby Ulf » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:44 pm

This discussion come up quite often and yes the firewire port is a standard IEEE1394 compliant port.
But like anything else, there is a vast range cables with quality that vary just as much.
The Leaf cable has perfect fitting and is of extremely good quality in materials.
We guarantee great signal capacity and shielding.

If you want to use a different cable you can of course. But since we have no idea about the cable and its capacity its hard for us to guarantee the functionality.
We have seen cables with no shielding, copper inside which is diluted and thin.
This means that data packages sent by the back is simply lost and results in loss of connection or corrupt images.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Leaf Capture 11.x