Remote - Can't find server

Discussion about Leaf Capture and Leaf Remote application

Remote - Can't find server

Postby MSt2 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:04 pm

We've installed the server software on a Mac and all seems to work OK. We tried to find the server on our iPhone but no luck. Both the Mac and the iPhone are linked to the same wireless network and the port is open. This is a business wireless network. Could the problem be that the wireless network might not allow broadcasting to find the server? Is there a way to enter the server manually in the cliënt?
MSt2

Re: Remote - Can't find server

Postby yaya » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:15 am

Check with you network admin if there's some sort of Firewall enabled and also that the folder viewed on the mac can be shared

I assume that you launched the server, chose a folder and pressed the start button?

If you want us to help further trouble shoot it I suggest submitting a support case on http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain.aspx

BR

yair
--
Yair Shahar | Product Manager - Cultural Heritage |Phase One
e: ysh@phaseone.com | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 |
yaya
Crew
Crew

Postby Sergey Shramchenko » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 am

If you really have a network issue you may try to use Capture Pilot application. Latest version supports Leaf Capture Remote server as well and enables to add server's parameters manually.
Sergey Shramchenko
Crew
Crew

Postby MSt2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:01 am

@yaya: Thanks for your reply. Folders on mac can be shared. I asked about the firewall but that couldn't be the issue they said because the firewall is at the incomming internet line, not in the wireless network itself.

@Sergey: Thank for your reply. I'm gonna try that!
MSt2

Postby MSt2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:35 pm

We tried the capture pilot software and connected to the IP of the Mac but the application returned: "incompatible server version". We do see communication in de LC Server log. We tried LC Server 2.0 and LC server 2.1.
So we are a bit closer now because we can see that there is some communication.
Has anyone any idea to solve the "Incompatible server version" error?
MSt2

Postby Ulf » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 am

IN capture pilot, when connecting to a direct IP there is switch to tell it if it is a LC server of Capture One.
Di you try to switch it? by default it is set to "On" which is connect to Capture One
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Leaf Capture 11.x