Capture One DB Raw files

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Capture One DB Raw files

Postby Old Nick » Mon May 25, 2009 2:45 am

I am new to Phase One and Capture One DB software. After I've taken an image (using an H101 mounted on a Cambo 4 x 5) the software (version 3.7.7.223) saves it in a tiff format. If I'm reading the Capture One DB manual right, there's a folder called Captures containing the original Raw format file. When I go to that file, however, it's completely empty. Zilch, Zippo.
So my questions are:
Does DB 3.7.7 save the original Raw file?
If so, what settings should I have for this to happen?

Thanks!
Old Nick

Re: Capture One DB Raw files

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon May 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Welcome to the forum. I don't know if I can help you with your question but have nevertheless a few tips.

How do you take an image. I assume you work tethered. Do you trigger the H101 from within Phase One? If not, is there a sync between the H101 and the shutter of the Cambo?
Regarding software. There is a v3.7.8 you might like to download from Phase One software archive. However, when you just start with Capture One, why not start with version 4 which is free for DB users. CO 3.x is end-of-life and CO 4 the way to go.
Last, there is also a H Series forum here, were you might have more luck (better response).
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Capture One DB Raw files

Postby Old Nick » Wed May 27, 2009 11:11 am

Thanks Paul. I've downloaded OS 4 DB and have found where the RAW files are stored, and OS 4 seems to be a very good program. Thanks for the info and also about the series H forum.
Nick
Old Nick

Return to Capture One 3.x Software