LightPhase B00 - "No camera attached" in Capture One 4.5

Question regarding:Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

LightPhase B00 - "No camera attached" in Capture One 4.5

Postby Luca17 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:36 pm

I just bought a used LightPhase B00 series, but I'm unable to use it with Capture One 4.5 for Windows since "No camera attached" appears in Capture One's camera tab.

-With Windows XP service pack3 , the digital back have been recognized by windows and I select the driver when asked.
- Two green leds appears on the digital back when the 1394 cable is connected to the desktop PC (IBM S51).

I have read the Knowledge base artice 1917 [url]1http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1917&LanguageID=1&layoutid=SupportSite%20-%20Main[/url], and follow the suggested procedure but it did not solve the problem.
Luca17

Re: LightPhase B00 - "No camera attached" in Capture One 4.5

Postby Ulf » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:18 am

The Lightphase BB00 backs are very tricky to get to work since they are not OHCI compatible and only can run in 12 volt mode.
There is very few of this type of backs out in the market. More common is the later BB01, 02 and 03 series of the Lightphase.

I suggest you make a support case at support.phaseone.com since there is probably not many users that can help you in the user to user forum due to how unusual the BB00 backs are.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Luca17 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks for reply, the fact that these B00 Lightphase backs are very few do not solve my problem :(

The strange thing is that the LightPhase is recognized by Win XP and appears as "Image device" in the Hardware manager.

I have done some further tests and notice that with Capture 3.77 the LightPhase back is seen by Capture One, connnecting the sync cable to the Linhof 4x5 Schneider Technika allows to shoot with the Light Phase :D

I have read some post about special one shot synchro cables but in my case , I just need to manually shoot from the Schneider Technika and Capture One 3.77 detects the action and acquire the image
I do not know if it is a right procedure ...

But I am still unable to shoot with Capture 4.5 , I have try with both last driver and also older driver for the LightPhase but without any success.
Luca17

Postby Luca17 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:05 pm

I have contact Phase One support and got the solution.
The problem is the 1394 driver of Windows Xp service pack 3, once roll back to service pack 1 driver , the LightPhase was seen by Capture One latest software.

Although you can see the drivers and the Device Manager seems to be working properly the issue may be the newer service pack.
I would first try to reinstall the software:
Uninstall:
http://www.phaseone.com/home/Content/Su ... 20-%20Main

Reinstall:
http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/CO4.aspx

If that yeilds no results then I would suggest you try the following:
http://www.phaseone.com/home/Content/Su ... 20-%20Main

Really a good support from Phase One, a good point when I will buy a newer digital back
Luca17

Postby Bruno39 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:01 pm

I bought a second hand LightPhase M645 for my Mamiya 645 AF, it work fine with the AF 80mm on Capture One Pro 2.8 or 3.7.4. However, the software can capture the first picture when a MF lens is attached. For the second and afterward, green light is blinking and take very long time to show a black color picture on the Mac screen. A sync cable is connected between the back and flash socket in the body. Please advise anything wrong for the digital back. Thanks.
Bruno39

Postby Luca17 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:13 am

Hi, I think you should check at first if the flash sync of the shutter is working well, disconnect the sync cable from the Lightphase and use a tester with the probes put on the two poles of the sync connector. I you shot with a time of 1 second you should see on the tester that during that time the two poles are connected together.
Luca17

Postby Bruno39 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:11 pm

I tried and confirm the cable is OK and the sync on the camera could fire a flash.
Bruno39

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back