Probloem with C-1 3.7

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Probloem with C-1 3.7

Postby Wilfred31 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:02 am

For some reason raw files are loading into the program upside down. I have to select all and rotate two times. It did not always do this. What gives?
Also I seem to remember Phase One offering a program called "Capture 4". Is this the same as the "Capture One 4" ? Seems I remember Capture 4 as a similar but different program than the original C-1 pro versions.
Wilfred31

Re: Probloem with C-1 3.7

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:54 am

No idea what is causing images appear upside down. Are older images appear this way as well?
I should start with cleaning up the preview cache, if the setting does not do this automatically. Also, check whether you don't have thousands of work files in your preview cache. This may cause the program behave erratically.

Capture One 4 is the current version, where CO 3.x is in fact discontinued (though still supported). It is a free upgrade for CO 3.x license holders. The program is entirely rewritten from scratch, you might need some time to get familiar with its intricacies. You can download the program for a 30-day trial from the Phase One web site.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Wilfred31 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:10 am

Thanks for the reply. I will try the cache thing. It has been a good while back somewhere in 2007 , I think I tried a beta of Capture One 4. Seems at that time, it was a different software program than just an upgrade from 3x. I can hardly remember, but for some reason, I did not like it. Do you know where I can find a turoria showing 4 or some discussion of pro and cons.
Wilfred31

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:35 am

You can find video tutorials of CO4 here:
http://www.phaseone.com/4/
Discussions of pro and cons you find on this web site; look in the CO4 forums. Please be aware that happy customers seldom post messages :)
Always best to try out for yourself. You can install and run CO3 and CO4 on the same computer.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 3.x Software