Spot Removal Tool Not Copying From Last

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Spot Removal Tool Not Copying From Last

Postby Globalksp » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:08 am

Noticed today that the spot removal tool is not 'copying from last' on tethered captures.

I've been having to manually copy and paste as new images come in. Same behavior in multiple shot folders. With other layers applied (spot removal always on background layer) and with only a background layer.

Anyone?

Capture 12.1.3, Sierra, Canon.
Globalksp

Re: Spot Removal Tool Not Copying From Last

Postby SFA » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:07 am

Dust corrections will copy.

Spots do not.

Dust is assumed to be sensor dust and so consistent in the same way that an LCC file could offer consistent position correction.

Spot corrections, typically used in portraiture and fashion, are less likely to be consistently (and accurately) placed image by image and so are excluded by default BUT one can choose to make use of them by ticking the box in the adjustments clipboard.

How that works with the tethered "copy from last" facility I don't know - it's not something I have ever used in anger - but I it should be easy enough to check to see if and how the clipboard is used in the "copy from last" feature.

Hopefully someone who uses the feature regularly will be along shortly to provide a definitive answer.

Grant
SFA

Re: Spot Removal Tool Not Copying From Last

Postby Globalksp » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:24 pm

Ah, makes sense.

Thanks for your input.
Globalksp

Return to Capture One 12.x Software