Problem with searching for keyword

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Problem with searching for keyword

Postby Skids » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:46 am

The back ground to this post is that I have been having problems with my copy of Capture One on my mac. As a new convert to C1 it is likely that some of the problems I am suffering from are self induced and or my lack of knowledge.

If I enter text in the search field the list of found images is presented and updated with each character that is entered. However, when I specify that I only want to search the keyword field the behaviour changes. No search is conducted until I change the option in the type field e.g. from contains to does not contain.

So to be clear if I wish to list all the images with the keyword "portrait" I open the search pane and select keyword from the dropdown, then contains from the next dropdown then lastly I enter "port" into the search field. At this stage no images are listed. This seems odd as it is counter to how the wider "anywhere" search operates.

I have created this video of the problem / feature which may be downloaded from this link, its 10 MBytes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjliorbl8hkkf ... a.mov?dl=0

Is this how your copy of Capture One operates?

Simon
Skids

Re: Problem with searching for keyword

Postby tenmangu81 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:35 am

Hi Simon,

Yes, this is a normal situation, if you consider a keyword as a full integrated word, and not only as a chain of characters. And this is actually what C1 does. I have the same behaviour. The best way I use to find the requested keyword images is to go to the keywords filter and click on the one I am looking for.
Cheers,
Robert
tenmangu81

Postby SFA » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:22 am

Noting in passing that the search is Case Sensitive, working with Windows the results match your expectations.

The one thing to watch for is that one can have a combination of filters already selected when one create a search and that can offer some potential for unexpected results. However they would usually be visible in the search definition window you show in your video. Just not so obvious if you run a basic search form the browser perhaps. Or the Filters tool's search facility although if the ellipsis symbol show in Orange colour it implies that there is an active search/filter already applied.

Why you are seeing significantly different results on first entry I have no idea.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby Skids » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I think that you are confirming that what is happening is by design. I find it odd that the way the search operates is dependent on what is being searched for, but at least I know it is not a problem with my installation.

Simon
Skids

Return to Capture One 12.x Software