Is there a way to copy & past skin tone adjustments?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Is there a way to copy & past skin tone adjustments?

Postby jasonholtphoto » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Hello. I'm running Capture One 12 on Windows 10.

I'm wondering if there is a way of copying and pasting skin tone adjustments?
After making selects from a shoot I'll pick one image, mask the skin, and then adjust that image to exactly how I remember the skin tone to have been using the Skin Tone tab in the Color Editor tool.

It would be REALLY useful if I could copy and past those adjustments to other images.
On my toolbar I can see that the 'copy' icon - the one with two arrows - is greyed out.
What I have been doing is masking the skin from each select and then one by one trying to ensure the tones match.

I should point point out that most of the situations where this would be useful are shot in entirely consistent lighting with no setup changes.

Looking forward to your suggestion.
J
jasonholtphoto

Re: Is there a way to copy & past skin tone adjustments?

Postby Ian3 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:14 pm

You need to watch the most recent webinar, where David Grover covers exactly how to do this using luminosity masking. https://youtu.be/tk4iu12XiNw starting at about 20:00 and especially at 27:00 onwards where he shows how to copy the skin tone adjustments between images.

Ian
Ian3

Postby jasonholtphoto » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:22 pm

Awesome. You are a star. Really appreciate that.
I'll get into it right away.
jasonholtphoto

Postby cdc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:49 pm

I'm sure you got everything you need from the linked video, but just a heads up that the copy button was greyed out because the Color Editor/Skin Tone adjustment was on a layer. You can not copy and paste adjustments from the tools when they are on layers but you can go to the Layer tool and copy/paste the layer, along with the adjustments.
cdc

Postby C-M-B » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:20 pm

In that case you can simply save the skin tone as a preset and then apply it to the layer/image.
C-M-B

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows