How do I copy a Session from my laptop to my main computer ?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

How do I copy a Session from my laptop to my main computer ?

Postby Marc PK » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Stupide question.... I have tried Sessions for the first time on a recent trip and thought it was great. I just got back home and copied the whole Sessions folder from the laptop to the my Desk main computer. I want to open Sessions and then download it into a Catalogue... I can't open the Session folder. I looked on the internet help topics and can't find any help there.... What am I doing wrong ? Thanks :shock:
Marc PK

Re: How do I copy a Session from my laptop to my main comput

Postby Marc PK » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:15 pm

OK, so I deleted the imported file from my main computer and copied the laptop version again; this time it works. BUT, why do I still have all the deleted pictures I got rid of during my Session ?
Marc PK

Postby Marc PK » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:27 pm

Now I discover that none of the ajustements I made were carried over...
Marc PK

Postby Ian3 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:53 pm

It sounds as though you are getting the process wrong somehow. It should be very simple. Your session will by default have a structure like this. (I imagine a session called Holiday2018.

Pictures folder
>Holiday2018 folder (including session file Holiday2018.cosessiondb)
>>Capture folder
>>Selects folder
>>Output folder
>>Trash folder

Capture, Selects, Output and Trash all have subfolders created by the app, in which your adjustments are recorded.

All you have to do is copy the whole Holiday2018 folder, with all its contents and subfolders and subsubfolders from one computer to the other. The open the session on the second computer by double-clicking the Holiday2018.cosessiondb file. (The subsubfolders have to come too or your edits will not be copied over.)

Ian
Ian3

Postby Marc PK » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:32 am

Thanks Ian; That's what I thought I did. I'll run another test one of these days to see if I missed something. In the meantime, I 'll just run Catalogues at which I have become conversant and happy with...
Marc PK

Return to Capture One 12.x Software