what is the thinking behind this reasoning ?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

what is the thinking behind this reasoning ?

Postby NN636833951612917318UL » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:08 am

SO, I still have, as many of you do as well, problems with the management of files in catalogs. I have a case open with them at the moment, but basically we all know that moving files around, sorting them out and so on in catalogs, most of the times produces problems.
I have to wonder what goes into the minds of the lead team in prioritizing the path of development of Capture One, where the calibration of EIZO monito is so much more important than to fix and render solid the file management structure of catalogs.
A lot of professionals I talk to stay away from catalogs ( and I am beginning to lean with them) because they are unreliable, yet time and time again new features are added to C1, but this problem that we have since Version 7 is not fixed once and for all...

I really wonder what is the thinking behind this reasoning
NN636833951612917318UL

Re: what is the thinking behind this reasoning ?

Postby Ian3 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:27 am

I have only started using a catalog quite recently, but my understanding is that they work better on v11 and v12 than they did in older versions. If you are still on version 9 perhaps you should download a free trial of version 12 and see whether it works any better for you.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 9.x Software