Affinity

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Affinity

Postby Pareshk » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:58 pm

For people who use Affinity as well as Capture One, do you find any features common to both that are better in Affinity? With the exception of the inpainting brush instead of capture one's heal layer, I find most operations are much quicker and more efficient in Capture One. I'm still learning Affinity and so there may be some operations that I can refine to a greater degree using it. Of course, it does have much more than capture one and that's why I use it. By the way I finally bought the Affinity book because the learning curve is so steep, and it's quite well done. Thanks
Pareshk

Re: Affinity

Postby Ian3 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:50 pm

(1) The only things I use Affinity for are the inpainting brush for tasks that are beyond what Capture One can do with Heal or Clone layers, and also creating panoramas.

(2) What Affinity book? Is it good?

Ian
Ian3

Re: Affinity

Postby Pareshk » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:01 pm

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/workbook/

Ian I think it is very well done, a little costly, more than I paid for the app. It's much better than the capture one book, that was a lot of theory of how it works and the development, and I just needed to know how to use it. At some point I realized the learning curve is so steep with Affinity it was going to take me 10 years. Already after just a few days I know a whole lot more from studying the book and I haven't even started going through their projects yet.
Paresh
Pareshk

Return to Capture One 11.x Software