Error reading adjustment mask

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Error reading adjustment mask

Postby SigZero » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 am

Hi All,

I'm having constant issue with C1 12 for Mac - after some (random) time, when I'm opening already processed photo with adjustment mask - I get error "Error reading adjustment mask". The layer(s) are still present but each one has completely empty mask.

Is this any known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Br,
Pawel.
SigZero

Re: Error reading adjustment mask

Postby Ian3 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:02 am

I think it's a known issue. It was happening under v11 and still happens to me under v12 at times. Very frustrating. The one pice of good news about it is that even though the mask has gone, the adjustments in the layer are still there, so if you can redraw the mask, the adjustments are restored.

Ian
Ian3

Postby fcracer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:40 am

I’ve had a ticket open since C11 with no progress on a fix. It recently reappeared in C12. Very frustrating.
fcracer

Postby HansB » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:49 am

I've seen it, too. On every masked image from every v11 session opened in v12, this error message popped up and the mask was gone. All the sessions worked just fine on that Mac using v11. (The folder structure is identical, sidecars and database checked and correct.)

I informed Phase One, but wasn't able to answer their questions. (I cannot run v12 on the Macbook I'm currently using: a mid 2009 with El Cap and no more OS upgrades, so v12 doesn't install/run.)

Manually redrawing all masks is not an option for me. At the moment, I have no solution or workaround.

Are your sessions 'native' v12?

Regards,
Hans
HansB

Postby SFA » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:25 pm

HansB wrote:I've seen it, too. On every masked image from every v11 session opened in v12, this error message popped up and the mask was gone. All the sessions worked just fine on that Mac using v11. (The folder structure is identical, sidecars and database checked and correct.)

I informed Phase One, but wasn't able to answer their questions. (I cannot run v12 on the Macbook I'm currently using: a mid 2009 with El Cap and no more OS upgrades, so v12 doesn't install/run.)

Manually redrawing all masks is not an option for me. At the moment, I have no solution or workaround.

Are your sessions 'native' v12?

Regards,
Hans

Hans,

Out of interest, did you update the processing engine for your V11 files to be V12?

Grant
SFA

Postby HansB » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:55 pm

SFA wrote:...

Hans,

Out of interest, did you update the processing engine for your V11 files to be V12?

Grant

Hi Grant,

No, no engine change. I just opened the v11 session in v12, and with the 1st image showing up on start, one with a mask, the error popped up immediately. The same on all following images with a mask.

I restored the session from backup, tried again, with the same result. Tried a number of other v11 sessions, all the same. All masks dropped on viewing, with that error message. But, as Ian already wrote, layer and adjustments still there.

Restored all from backup again, opened them in v11, all fine.

I'll be back on that Mac later next week. Maybe I'll have another try and do a pre/post comparison of setting files, mask files and database. Just out of curiosity, and only if I can find the time to do so.

Regards,
Hans
HansB

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac