A simple explanation needed

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

A simple explanation needed

Postby RedAdmiral » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:19 am

I know everyone on Earth already knows this, but i seem to have fallen through the cracks. I have a rather large library of images (38K or so) cataloged on my iMac. I copied them all to an external hard drive. I want to import only the catalog onto my Windows 8.1 laptop. (there's about 2.5 terabytes). I cannot import all the images onto the laptop, disk just isnt' big enough. I've tried opening the catalog copy made when I copied the "Pictures" file folder onto the disk drive and had no success. What I want to do is access the images on the External drive without loading them onto the laptop, and so far haven't had any success. I can look at the files, and copy them with C1 so it isn't a compatibility issue with the disk format.
RedAdmiral

Re: A simple explanation needed

Postby Ian3 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:45 am

You will need first of all to move the catalog file to the laptop. (I assume that you mean that the images are stored outside the catalog not in it.) Then you can open the catalog file. (Double click it.) Capture One should be able to display the image previews but will show that the images are off-line, because they are no longer where the catalog expected to find them. But you can point the catalog to the new location - follow the steps set out here https://blog.phaseone.com/relocating-offline-files-catalogs/ under the relocating a folder of images section.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 11.x Software