Warning - Licence Issue

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Warning - Licence Issue

Postby ajmichael » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:36 am

I bought the upgrade to CO12 but decided not to upgrade immediately as I had a shoot the next day and didn't want to use untried software.

I fired up CO11 before I left for the shoot in order to set up the Capture folders. To my horror, CO11 said that it wasn't activated, that the trial period had expired and promptly shut down. I tried to reactivate with the original CO11 key and although it was recognised as a valid key, it wouldn't reactivate. As I was still at home, I had the email with the CO12 key, which I successfully used to reactivate CO11.

Had I encountered this problem on the shoot, in the middle of nowhere with no Internet access, I'd have been really stuck. I don't know if this licence behaviour is intentional, but it's NOT clever! :cry:

Andy
ajmichael

Re: Warning - Licence Issue

Postby HansB » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:47 am

Use your new license code. It replaces the previous one. And it allows activating the earlier versions.

Regards,
Hans
HansB

Re: Warning - Licence Issue

Postby ajmichael » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:15 am

HansB wrote:Use your new license code. It replaces the previous one. And it allows activating the earlier versions.

Regards,
Hans

Thanks Hans, I discovered that, but it wasn't the point I was making. A perfectly valid licence code for CO11 stopped working without warning and nearly cancelled a shoot.

Andy
ajmichael

Return to Capture One 11.x Software