Missing images report for a catalogue

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Windows

Missing images report for a catalogue

Postby NNN637030423507154273 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:49 am

Hi,

Is there a way C1 20 can produce a report that shows images that are offline in a particular catalogue?

Context for this question:
I screwed up the catalogue by accidentally moving some of the images from their respective directories - I know armature mistake :(

A fair amount of the images in the catalogue are missing their previews etc. I think few hundred images at least; spanning multiple directories. It is taking long time to go through each folder to locate the offline files individually. So I'm wondering if there is a function that can show the list of offline images in a given catalogue. Thanks

Cheers
NNN637030423507154273

Re: Missing images report for a catalogue

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm

Two remarks.

First, a feature to report offline images does not exist, I am afraid. It would be worthwhile and I think more users would appreciate that.

Second, please note that a missing image that results in its offline state in the catalog does not affect the preview. Offline images are not always an error. A disconnected external drive with images - left at home for safety - let images in an offline state, until the drive is reconnected. While disconnected you can browse and even edit those offline images.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Missing images report for a catalogue

Postby OddS » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:First, a feature to report offline images does not exist, I am afraid. It would be worthwhile and I think more users would appreciate that.

It may be possible to establish a list of file specifications for missing images via entries in the catalog.cocatalogdb database file (SQLite) and lookups on disk. If this kind of functionality is in high demand, it is a bit surprising if some Windows user has not solved it already. SQLite databases can be accessed in many script languages, also in DOS/Windows .bat files I believe (using sqlite3.exe).

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:Offline images are not always an error.

Right, but with a missing files report that states the location expected by C1, the conclusion can probably be left to the informed user.
OddS

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Windows