C1 20 new issue ?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Windows

C1 20 new issue ?

Postby MichelErichsen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Hi folks !

Got a strange issue with the last brand new version :(

Concerns HDR control section, Shadow tool

With DNG files, Shadows bar works perfect. With JPG files, Shadows bar doesn't work at all, but Highlight bar works fine anyway.

Doesn't really matter, because it's possible to lighten the dark areas (for instance eyes beyond a hat, or stonewall of any castle in shadow light...) with the Curves tool.

But it's not really fair, I must say it. You told me that you should consider this point, but it might have been in another life or two years ago, after a bit of Gammeldansk LOL

Cheers anyway, mates, wish all my best to you for this new year :)

Mvh
MichelErichsen

Re: C1 20 new issue ?

Postby Ian3 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:29 pm

Strange. I find that both the shadows and highlights sliders do have an effect on JPGs, so it appears not to be a universal fault.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:10 pm

I have just tried this using a random jpg I have lying around for testing and the HDR tool worked as expected also with V9 and V12 as the processing engine.

It is odd that you see a different result.

Grant
SFA

Postby MichelErichsen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:37 pm

Well... Don't understand. Must be back on the case, restart the machine, the problem is on my shoulders...

Should I apologize ? Ok, I do :oops:

Thanks for your helpful replies ;)
MichelErichsen

Postby SFA » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:37 pm

MichelErichsen wrote:Well... Don't understand. Must be back on the case, restart the machine, the problem is on my shoulders...

Should I apologize ? Ok, I do :oops:

Thanks for your helpful replies ;)

Michel,

You may well find you have a problem BUT if you do it could be something very specific to your system or sources.

In which case knowing about it and identifying the cause will have some value for support purposes.

The less common problems are almost always more difficult to verify and identify.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Windows