Still no scripting for Windows users

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Windows

Still no scripting for Windows users

Postby Samoreen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering whether my euros/dollars have less value because I'm a Windows user. Of course, Applescript doesn't exist under Windows but any skilled Windows developer knows that any Windows application can be made "scriptable" by using the native Windows scripting engines (VBScript/JScript). I can't assume that Phase One voluntarily decided to disadvantage those C1 users running the Windows version. So, my guess is that the development team is lacking the necessary skills. Moreover, they could have chosen a scripting language that is available on both platforms.

By the way, this is not the only feature available in the Mac version that was not implemented in the Windows version.

As a discriminated Windows user, should I ask for a partial refund ?
Samoreen

Re: Still no scripting for Windows users

Postby jeromek » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:55 pm

i heartily endorse the need to provide scripting features for Windows
jeromek

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Samoreen wrote:By the way, this is not the only feature available in the Mac version that was not implemented in the Windows version.

The opposite is true as well, although these are in general minor differences, apart from scripting.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Keith Reeder » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:54 pm

Samoreen wrote:As a discriminated Windows user, should I ask for a partial refund ?

Were you promised scripting as part of Capture One's Windows offer?

Has Capture One forced you to stay with an OS that you can't script in?

No?

Then I think we know the answer...

Oh - and if you stop considering yourself to be a victim in every walk of your life, you'd probably be a lot happier.
Keith Reeder

Postby Samoreen » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:52 pm

Keith Reeder wrote:
Samoreen wrote:As a discriminated Windows user, should I ask for a partial refund ?

Oh - and if you stop considering yourself to be a victim in every walk of your life, you'd probably be a lot happier.

Talking nonsense is certainly not a good way of being happy either. I'm fine with my life. Thanks for caring.
Samoreen

Postby photoGrant » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:22 am

Samoreen wrote:
Keith Reeder wrote:

Talking nonsense is certainly not a good way of being happy either. I'm fine with my life. Thanks for caring.

I would avoid interacting with this particular sour sport.

Have you tried looking into the (admittedly limited) Capture One SDK?

Surely you can interact with the SDK using whatever programming/scripting language you desire?

https://www.captureone.com/en/developer

G
photoGrant

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Windows