2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Windows

2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi,

I can't for the life of me get two finger scrolling of the thumbnails window pane in capture one 20 using a wacom intuos pro on windows 10. Any ideas? It will 2 finger scroll if I hover the cursor over the scroll side bar but not if just hover over the thumbnails. My laptop touchpad will 2 finger scroll through thumbs so it's definitely possible.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
G
Gareth Iwan Jones
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby WPNL » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:14 am

Does this work in any other application, such as a web browser?
You should be able to use two finger scrolling on your TouchPad or use the pen to move the scrollbar.
The tablet does not support touch so what do you expect? :-)
WPNL
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:11 am

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby Bobtographer » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:07 am

Intuos Pro doesn't support touch
Bobtographer
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:01 am
Location: England

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby gusferlizi » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:38 pm

I think I've seen this and just accepted that since the pen is enabled to take over with natural scrolling, I didn't need to multitouch scroll.

This is probably poor implementation on the Wacom driver side; can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
User avatar
gusferlizi
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:04 am
Location: London, England

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:50 pm

WPNL wrote:Does this work in any other application, such as a web browser?
You should be able to use two finger scrolling on your TouchPad or use the pen to move the scrollbar.
The tablet does not support touch so what do you expect? :-)


Yes 2 finger scrolling works on all other apps, browsers etc, but not in Capture One 20 / Win 10. It does work on my Win 10 laptop using the laptop touchpad, so it's something to do is the Wacom Intuos Pro.

WHat do you mean the tablet doesn't support touch?

Cheers
Gareth Iwan Jones
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:51 pm

Bobtographer wrote:Intuos Pro doesn't support touch


Have I missed something? It definitely works in all other apps.
Gareth Iwan Jones
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:52 pm

gusferlizi wrote:I think I've seen this and just accepted that since the pen is enabled to take over with natural scrolling, I didn't need to multitouch scroll.

This is probably poor implementation on the Wacom driver side; can't walk and chew gum at the same time.


It's odd that touch scrolling works in all other software though.
Gareth Iwan Jones
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby WPNL » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:01 pm

It seems that by now we are talking about different things.
1 two fingers scroll (touchpad) working
2 pen hovering scroll = driver mess
3 pen touch scroll = working
4 two finger touch scroll on Wacom Intuos. ( = impossible)

?
:-)
WPNL
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:11 am

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby gusferlizi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:07 pm

WPNL wrote:It seems that by now we are talking about different things.
1 two fingers scroll (touchpad) working
2 pen hovering scroll = driver mess
3 pen touch scroll = working
4 two finger touch scroll on Wacom Intuos. ( = impossible)

?
:-)

Current gen intuos pro does indeed have multitouch support
User avatar
gusferlizi
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:04 am
Location: London, England

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby gusferlizi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Gareth Iwan Jones wrote:
gusferlizi wrote:I think I've seen this and just accepted that since the pen is enabled to take over with natural scrolling, I didn't need to multitouch scroll.

This is probably poor implementation on the Wacom driver side; can't walk and chew gum at the same time.


It's odd that touch scrolling works in all other software though.


Yes, fair point...

The tablet software engine layer interacts differently with different apps, however. That is, for example, so it can switch application specific shortcuts on the fly.

Maybe there really is a receiving issue on Capture One's end. Worth creating a support ticket to get more technical insight.
User avatar
gusferlizi
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:04 am
Location: London, England

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby MHamptonPhotography » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:53 am

I have the exact same issue, not just with the thumbnail view, but also in the tools menu. It seems to be trying to actually move items rather than scroll. I don't know how many time is has moved a directory on me when I was just trying to scroll down the list of directories. I had to make sure that the "are you sure" option was turned on for that function so that it wouldn't just be moving things around on me.

I'm still on 12, but I'm sad to see that this hasn't been fixed in 20 yet.

BTW: I just checked and two finger scrolling works just fine using the trackpad on my MS SurfaceBook2, so it is certainly something related to the wacom table. Maybe I'll play with the settings and see if there is something different we can set to make it work as expected.
MHamptonPhotography
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:57 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby SFA » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:42 am

Just thought I would ask if you were using the new for V20 scrolling tools enabled Workspace and how you had the scrolling options set in Preferences.
SFA
 
Posts: 7724
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby MHamptonPhotography » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:59 pm

SFA wrote:Just thought I would ask if you were using the new for V20 scrolling tools enabled Workspace and how you had the scrolling options set in Preferences.


This happens in the image browse window as well, so it's not just related to the Tools menu.

I did notice that if I physically click on the scroll bar, 2 finger scrolling will work. However if you just click anywhere in the window (browse or tools), it will try to select whatever is under the cursor and move it. That's not how it should be acting.
MHamptonPhotography
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:57 am
Location: Texas

Re: 2 fingers scrolling wacom intuos Pro

Postby Gareth Iwan Jones » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:57 pm

MHamptonPhotography wrote:
SFA wrote:Just thought I would ask if you were using the new for V20 scrolling tools enabled Workspace and how you had the scrolling options set in Preferences.


This happens in the image browse window as well, so it's not just related to the Tools menu.

I did notice that if I physically click on the scroll bar, 2 finger scrolling will work. However if you just click anywhere in the window (browse or tools), it will try to select whatever is under the cursor and move it. That's not how it should be acting.


Yes this is the odd thing two finger scrolling will work if you hover over the scroll bar but nowhere else. Frustrating! Let me know if you ever manage to solve.
Gareth Iwan Jones
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:43 pm


Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Windows



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests