Constant crashing on file import

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Windows

Constant crashing on file import

Postby NNN637107997641369184 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:49 am

I've installed Capture One Express Fujfilm (version 20). I'm unable to use it due to constant crashing on file import. Anyone have any ideas please?
NNN637107997641369184
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby Ian3 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:57 am

If other users here are to help you, you will need to say more. Are you importing from a memory card, or are you importing images already on your computer? If they are already on your computer, where are they situated? Are you trying to import them in their existing location, or moving them to another location, or put them inside the catalog? At what stage in the process does the crash occur? What version of Windows are you on?

Ian
Ian3
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby NNN637107997641369184 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi Ian,

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version 1903. I'm trying to import files from my hard drive but it crashes as soon as I click on the Choose folder drop down in the Import From section.
NNN637107997641369184
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby NNN637107997641369184 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:17 pm

It pretty much crashes if I click on anything, it's incredibly unstable.
NNN637107997641369184
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby SFA » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:33 pm

NNN637107997641369184 wrote:It pretty much crashes if I click on anything, it's incredibly unstable.


Sounds like something has not worked on the install or an unusual system setting might be causing problems.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

Have you rebooted after installing?

Have you entered the activation key?
SFA
 
Posts: 7725
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby Samoreen » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:31 pm

I have to say that this is the first time I have C1 regularly and randomly crashing on my system while browsing, filtering or sorting. I could detect huge memory leaks when doing so. This never happened before. And my system didn't change between version 12 and version 20.
Samoreen
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Samoreau, France

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby Keith Reeder » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Capture One 20 is remarkable stable on my Win 8.1 machine.
Keith Reeder
 
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: Blyth, NE England

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby SFA » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:04 pm

The release notes suggest that WIn 10 support (expected and proven to be working) goes as far as v1809.

Maybe there is something conflicting with later updates?

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002408757-Which-version-of-Capture-One-will-work-with-my-Windows-operating-system-
SFA
 
Posts: 7725
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby NNN637107997641369184 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:50 pm

SFA wrote:
NNN637107997641369184 wrote:It pretty much crashes if I click on anything, it's incredibly unstable.


Sounds like something has not worked on the install or an unusual system setting might be causing problems.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

Have you rebooted after installing?

Have you entered the activation key?


Yes to all of the above.
Thanks for the responses everyone, I've raised a support case hopefully someone will get in touch soon.
NNN637107997641369184
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby NNN637107997641369184 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:55 pm

SFA wrote:The release notes suggest that WIn 10 support (expected and proven to be working) goes as far as v1809.

Maybe there is something conflicting with later updates?

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002408757-Which-version-of-Capture-One-will-work-with-my-Windows-operating-system-


Good point. 1809 is pretty old now though, released in November 2018.
NNN637107997641369184
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby SFA » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:22 pm

NNN637107997641369184 wrote:
SFA wrote:The release notes suggest that WIn 10 support (expected and proven to be working) goes as far as v1809.

Maybe there is something conflicting with later updates?

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002408757-Which-version-of-Capture-One-will-work-with-my-Windows-operating-system-


Good point. 1809 is pretty old now though, released in November 2018.


Later updates probably run fine for the most part - but there is always the potential for something to have slipped through that, in the complex world of windows hardware, firmware and software, may not be quite right in certain specific situations.

That said with imports it could be something as simple as an unsupported but not previously recognised for exclusion file type. It would be good to check the log files and the Windows crash dump.


Grant
SFA
 
Posts: 7725
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby NNN637079771108601811 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:24 am

It's also crashing always in my computer while indexing a folder with around 2000 photos. C1 12 was running fine but I cannot work with C1 20.
NNN637079771108601811
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:18 pm

Re: Constant crashing on file import

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:49 am

Keith Reeder wrote:Capture One 20 is remarkable stable on my Win 8.1 machine.

Ahh, Win 8.1, the highly disguised member of the Windows family, but oh boy, how smooth it runs :lol:

Same here, I cherish my W8.1 test machine with Capture One going back to CO7.
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 10072
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands


Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Windows



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron