Capture One Pro 20

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Windows

Re: Capture One Pro 20

Postby Dinarius » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Sorted.

I went to the website of the company that was dealing with C1 online payments.

I filled in an online form detailing my October transaction.

A copy email was sent with the License Code and I was able to activate C1.

No thanks to PhaseOne support on this occasion.

So, let's see if it's any better...

D.
Dinarius

Postby Dinarius » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Keith Reeder wrote:You need to follow these instructions, Dinarius:

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004099138-How-to-use-your-Capture-One-20-pre-order-code

Thanks.

My problem was the License Key which I received in the email from Fastspring.com back in October.

I lost the email and, thus, the license key.

Sorted now. But, a tad underwhelmed by PhaseOne support on this occasion.

D.
Dinarius

Postby Jens_A » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:35 pm

Still no option to "overwrite existing files on export/processing" - sigh :-(

Or can anybody help me find that?
Jens_A

Postby SFA » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Dinarius wrote:I lost the email and, thus, the license key.

Sorted now. But, a tad underwhelmed by PhaseOne support on this occasion.

D.

The mechanisms of the transaction through Fastspring are controlled by Fastspring not Phase.

There is probably little that Phase can do - especially for a lost mail that they did not originate - other than refer you to the Fastspring process.

Grant
SFA

Postby Keith Reeder » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:55 pm

Jens_A wrote:Still no option to "overwrite existing files on export/processing" - sigh :-(

It isn't there, as far as I can tell.

Most people don't seem to want this, and Phase One is always guided by the perceived popularity of feature requests.

This one isn't reaching "critical mass" (and yes, it has come up before. Same result).
Keith Reeder

Postby WrongAgain » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks Marlon. It worked a treat. Having now seen Version 20, not sure why I bothered paying for this upgrade. Not a single new feature, more like an interim tweak.
WrongAgain

Postby SFA » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:08 pm

WrongAgain wrote:Thanks Marlon. It worked a treat. Having now seen Version 20, not sure why I bothered paying for this upgrade. Not a single new feature, more like an interim tweak.

Have you tried it yet or are you basing your opinion on looking at the list of changes?
SFA

Postby IanL » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 pm

IanL wrote:
Bobtographer wrote:Well I won't be upgrading unless they put the ability to adjust the sliders with mouse wheel back in.

<alt> mouse wheel according to the video I just watched :D

And there is a preference to change it so the mouse wheel will control the slider value - which means then <alt> mouse wheel will scroll the tools. So you can get back to the way it was before even.
IanL

Postby Keith Reeder » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:55 pm

WrongAgain wrote:Thanks Marlon. It worked a treat. Having now seen Version 20, not sure why I bothered paying for this upgrade. Not a single new feature, more like an interim tweak.

So you bought it without testing it first..?

What kind of "new" features were you expecting? Did Phase One give you any impression that v. 20 was going to be all about shiny new toys?

Better at everything it does is worth more than new bells and whistles any day, to me.
Keith Reeder

Postby Bobtographer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:14 am

Ian3 wrote:
Bobtographer wrote:Well I won't be upgrading unless they put the ability to adjust the sliders with mouse wheel back in.

There is an option for that, I believe.

Ian

IanL wrote:

<alt> mouse wheel according to the video I just watched :D

AHH. So in their wisdom they went the way of Adobe and Photoshop and change something after 10 years. Glad they put an option in the prefs to change it back (but not tell us about it)
Bobtographer

Postby Bobtographer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:16 am

Jens_A wrote:Still no option to "overwrite existing files on export/processing" - sigh :-(

use explorer and delete the previous? :)

or don't mess it up the first time ;) (I find it annoying on the odd occasion where I re-visit an edit.)
Bobtographer

Postby Keith Reeder » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:31 am

I actually like having "variants" to compare outside of Capture One, where I know that I'm seeing the definitive end-result of that conversion/edit.

I'm frankly baffled by the angst this question causes: as a wildlife/sport photographer, I've been known to come back with thousands of images after a shoot, and yet - in the context of the overall upload/cull/convert/post-process workflow cycle - the "delete the Capture One edits I don't want" part is - by an order of magnitude - the least time-consuming...
Keith Reeder

Postby Mark YLW » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:34 am

In CO Pro 20: Edit>Preferences>General>Tool Tabs> Check the "Scroll wheel changes ..." Box

-- Mark --
Mark YLW

Postby Bobtographer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 pm

Mark YLW wrote:

In CO Pro 20: Edit>Preferences>General>Tool Tabs> Check the "Scroll wheel changes ..." Box

-- Mark --

Bobtographer wrote:Glad they put an option in the prefs to change it back (but not tell us about it)

got it, thanks :)
Bobtographer

Postby Alex1111 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Alex1111 wrote:I signed up for the beta and accepted NDA, but still can't find a link explaining the system requirements and what new cameras it is compatible with. All I want to know if it will work on my existing system and if it will support Canon M6ii.

I was able to test v20 and it works on my system! However I am puzzled as the upgrade price went up with no notice from $149 to $199. So after finally getting budget approved and testing the the price is now higher? I could justify $150, but $200 is a bit harder.
Alex1111

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Windows