Printing with Canon Print Studio Pro

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

Printing with Canon Print Studio Pro

Postby NN635680879799322049UL » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:51 am

Some users recommend exporting a tiff to Canon DPP and printing it from there using Canon's Print Studio Pro plugin as easier and more reliable than directly printing from Capture One. I have had mixed results using Epson and HP printers with Capture One and would like to try the route using Print Studio Pro plugin for DPP.

So, how do you download Print Studio Pro? The Canon web site shows screen shots of it, but when you go to any supported printer page (e.g., the 1000 pro) to download it, it is not listed with the other software. Same thing happens if you click on "get the plugin." I presume, it only works with certain Canon Printers, but Pro 1000 is one of them.

One of the forum members on the Windows forum supplied a link to a Taiwan Canon site, but it seems odd that you can't navigate to it on the Canon USA site.

Note: I am using a Mac with Catalina, but I could not find it when selecting for Windows OS, either.

Jerry C
NN635680879799322049UL

Re: Printing with Canon Print Studio Pro

Postby GordW » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:37 am

Hey Jerry.

From what I have seen, at the present time, Print Studio Pro has not been updated to be supported in MacOS Catalina. On the Canon USA website, if you choose Mohave (10.14) you will see PSP listed. However, if you download it, it may or may not work in Catalina. I'm lucky, in that I had PSP running in Mohave, and when I updated to Catalina, at least the LR Plug-in continues to work for me.

In reading the various Canon printer forums, I am not able to see an indication of an expected release of the Catalina compatible PSP.

Gord
GordW

Re: Printing with Canon Print Studio Pro

Postby NN635680879799322049UL » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:23 pm

Thanks for the info. Interesting to see a company like Canon can't keep up with MacOS updates. I downloaded it using your suggestion and it installs as a DPP plugin. I can't test it, because I don't have a compatible Canon printer, but at least I can use it when I get the printer.

Jerry C
NN635680879799322049UL

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac