Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby NN100602UL121 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:33 pm

I've upgraded to the most recent version yesterday, using Catalina Version.10.15.2 and tethering with both of my bodies doesn't work anymore. I am just with a client and it's a real headache. I've contacted support earlier on to no reply so far.
With the previous version there were no issues. I am using Nikon D850's.
Last edited by NN100602UL121 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NN100602UL121
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby Ian3 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Saying please rectify this app here doesn't achieve anything, as we are all your fellow users of Capture One, and not the support staff. (This is a user-to-user forum.)

If you'd like to tell us what bodies you are having trouble with now, maybe some other users of the same cameras will be able to help.

Ian
Ian3
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby NN100602UL121 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Done, cheers Ian. I was hoping that someone from C1 reads it too... Got a whole day without tethering and it's a fairly large job, just wasn't expecting this as they claimed they've corrected tethering issues.
NN100602UL121
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:58 pm

Please check whether you allowed Capture One having access to the Photos app (don't ask why this is necessary). How:

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Photos (left column, select it) > Capture One 20 (right pane, checked)
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 10072
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby C-M-B » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Ian3 wrote:Saying please rectify this app here doesn't achieve anything, as we are all your fellow users of Capture One, and not the support staff. (This is a user-to-user forum.)

If you'd like to tell us what bodies you are having trouble with now, maybe some other users of the same cameras will be able to help.

Ian


Saying it to the support staff doesn't achieve anything either :lol:
C-M-B
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby NN100602UL121 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:Please check whether you allowed Capture One having access to the Photos app (don't ask why this is necessary). How:

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Photos (left column, select it) > Capture One 20 (right pane, checked)


Yes this did the trick Paul, thanks a million!! What a weird thing to do....
NN100602UL121
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby SFA » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:03 pm

NN100602UL121 wrote:
Paul_Steunebrink wrote:Please check whether you allowed Capture One having access to the Photos app (don't ask why this is necessary). How:

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Photos (left column, select it) > Capture One 20 (right pane, checked)


Yes this did the trick Paul, thanks a million!! What a weird thing to do....


From what I recall of some recent posts this also surprised the Capture One team.
SFA
 
Posts: 7724
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby Photoleary » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:14 pm

How can you allow access afterwards if you have said no previously? I have gone into the Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Photos and there are no choices of software in the right hand pane. I tried dragging Capture One into that pane but it doesn't allow that.

Thanks
Photoleary
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:20 am

Photoleary wrote:How can you allow access afterwards if you have said no previously? I have gone into the Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Photos and there are no choices of software in the right hand pane. I tried dragging Capture One into that pane but it doesn't allow that.

As far as I know, you can no populate that right-hand pane with applications yourself.
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 10072
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby NN635680879799322049UL » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:
Photoleary wrote:How can you allow access afterwards if you have said no previously? I have gone into the Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Photos and there are no choices of software in the right hand pane. I tried dragging Capture One into that pane but it doesn't allow that.

As far as I know, you can no populate that right-hand pane with applications yourself.


Captured One has to request access to Photos. If an app has not requested access, you will see a message in the window on the right of Photos noting that only "Apps that have requested access to Photos will appear here." When I first tried to use tethering, Capture One opened a message window that asked if I wanted to give Photos access to Capture One and I checked Yes. It then automatically displayed Capture One as a choice in the Security and Privacy window to the right of Photos. Possibly, that choice may have been displayed regardless, but I did not check this.

Capture One 12 was already in that window and was unchecked. C1 12 did not require access to Photos to tether, but somehow was also there.

Jerry C
NN635680879799322049UL
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby Photoleary » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Sadly neither of those posts actually answer my question. :-(

If I need to retrospectively allow access to Photos how is this done?
Photoleary
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby JayFram » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:54 pm

Tethering is totally broken for me - I cannot get the camera to connect no matter what I do, and I definitely have CaptureOne.app checked ON in Privacy > Photos, and in Accessibility and File Disk Access, for that matter.

MacBook Pro 2019 (brand new)
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2
Capture One 20 v13.0.1.19
Canon 5D Mark IV

Same camera used to tether beautifully and totally stable on C1 v12, with Mojave Mac OS.
It's not the cable.
It's not the port.
It's not the dongle.
Camera has latest firmware.
A friend suggested I delete the Capture One folder in Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Capture One. I did this and the camera connected for about 5 minutes. Then it broke and will not come back.

Help!
JayFram
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:33 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Photoleary wrote:Sadly neither of those posts actually answer my question. :-(

If I need to retrospectively allow access to Photos how is this done?

Silly question, but in that right-pane with applications that have access to Photos, did you scroll?
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 10072
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby Photoleary » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:51 pm

Not a silly question.

I did but it's completely greyed out. I'm going to do a completely fresh install (I have a clone of my working drive so I can restore everything in twenty minutes if need be) and see if that gives me access because I can't find a way of getting Capture One to ask the question again of "if I want to allow Photos to have access".
Photoleary
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Re: Tethering doesn't work since upgrade to 13.0.1.19

Postby David S. » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Photoleary wrote:Not a silly question.

I did but it's completely greyed out. I'm going to do a completely fresh install (I have a clone of my working drive so I can restore everything in twenty minutes if need be) and see if that gives me access because I can't find a way of getting Capture One to ask the question again of "if I want to allow Photos to have access".


Please let us know how you got on, did the re-install work for you? I'm also having trouble with tethering, cannot see the option to allow Photos access.
David S.
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Next

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests