Can't drag and drop from session to another anymore

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

Can't drag and drop from session to another anymore

Postby Isywybad » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Hello,

Since I am on Capture one 20. When two sessions are open together, I can't drag and drop anymore from one session to another. They remove this from C1 20 or I dot it wrong ?

Thanks a lot
Isywybad

Re: Can't drag and drop from session to another anymore

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:21 pm

This is an issue with Capture One. I reported it, others may have reported it too, and you may want to do that as well if you please.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Isywybad » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:00 pm

Hello I reported it also.

I find a way to do it.

In Session A, I navigate throught the system folder to find session B and drag and drop via the system folder in the session B.

When the session are on the same hard drive, the picture leave Session A to session B.
On different Hard drive, it make a copy so I still have in both session A and B.

Adjutement are following.

It's not the best fix but ... it works.
Isywybad

Postby DAndison » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:04 pm

Same here... and you can't copy keywords from a file in one session to a file in a different session & maintain keyword order. It turns them to Alphabetical order on the file you paste to which for me is useless. I've still got C1 12 So I use that.

It was reported during Beta but no joy as yet!

Another issue with the Metadata Tab/Tool in sessions... don't select all files, hold "Shift" and press the Copy Adjustments button for that tab (up and down diagonal arrow). As it will automatically include all the keywords from the Keyword Tab/Tool at the same time. Just hit the copy button and then unselect keywords first.

It did used to be that they were entirely separate. Keywords & Metadata and that copy and past were independent from one another. Which makes sense given they are separate tools/tabs. I ended up overwriting keywords on about 300 files due to this added feature/bug and didn't realise until it was too late to undo!
DAndison

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac