Capture One 20 Fujifilm files

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

Capture One 20 Fujifilm files

Postby alheron » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:01 am

Good Morning

I am currently on the 30 day trial but am unsure which product to purchase when the trial ends. Going forward, I will be using Cap 1 to edit Fujifilm files, but I have some Aperture and Lightroom libraries containing Nikon files which I will also need to edit.

So my first question is: Will Cap 1 (Fujifilm) be able to edit jpg and tiff files generated by cameras other than the Fuji ones? I realise that RAW files will only be editable if they are Fuji, but if I convert .NEF files outside of Cap 1 and import them as .jpg or .tif will I then be able to edit them?

My second question is: If my Fuji version proves too restrictive in the future (perhaps I’ll get a different make of camera) what is the upgrade cost from Fuji to full Cap 1?

Thanks for your time

Al Heron
alheron

Re: Capture One 20 Fujifilm files

Postby LarsH » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:32 am

Hi, all C1 files are the same. The key you have says what you can use. So the 30 day is a full version after you set the camera; you can test all cameras and all what you need. TIF and JPG and some more are not special Fuji-files as RAF is, so you can use them. If C1 is necessary for only not-RAF is another question. The upload cost see in the C1 site. Reg. lars
LarsH

Postby alheron » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:17 am

Hi Lars

Thanks for that, I think going down the Fuji route should be OK then if I can still process .jpgs and .tifs with it. I’ll use the next few days to convert as many .NEFs as I can and then I’ll be good to go!

Take care

Al
alheron

Postby rread » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:48 pm

There are several other differences between CO Pro and Express, including layers, curves/levels tools, and most of the color editing tools. So depending on how much editing you plan to do in CO, you may need Pro for the more advanced editing functions:

https://www.captureone.com/en/features/feature-list
rread
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby tenmangu81 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:45 pm

rread wrote:There are several other differences between CO Pro and Express, including layers, curves/levels tools, and most of the color editing tools. So depending on how much editing you plan to do in CO, you may need Pro for the more advanced editing functions:

Yes, but there is also a Capture One Fuji Pro....
tenmangu81

Postby SFA » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:36 pm

tenmangu81 wrote:
rread wrote:There are several other differences between CO Pro and Express, including layers, curves/levels tools, and most of the color editing tools. So depending on how much editing you plan to do in CO, you may need Pro for the more advanced editing functions:

Yes, but there is also a Capture One Fuji Pro....

But the "Pro" part of the name has been dropped for some reason so there is potential for confusion.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac