reediting a layed file round tripped to photoshop

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

reediting a layed file round tripped to photoshop

Postby Skydawg » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Is it possible to reopen an image that was edited with photoshop and returned? It is a layered tiff. I selected image 'edit with' photoshop. Tiff was created and photoshop opened. I edited and did a couple adjustment layers. Saved image and it shows in C1. I then decide I want to do further editing in photoshop on the same image. If I select to 'edit with' photoshop another tiff is created and the layers do not show in photoshop when it opens. What am I missing or is it not possible?

Thanks
Skydawg

Re: reediting a layed file round tripped to photoshop

Postby ClauS » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Skydawg wrote:Is it possible to reopen an image that was edited with photoshop and returned? It is a layered tiff. I selected image 'edit with' photoshop. Tiff was created and photoshop opened. I edited and did a couple adjustment layers. Saved image and it shows in C1. I then decide I want to do further editing in photoshop on the same image. If I select to 'edit with' photoshop another tiff is created and the layers do not show in photoshop when it opens. What am I missing or is it not possible?

Thanks

If you want to re-edit your tiff you don't have to use Edit with but Open with.
ClauS

Postby SFA » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:16 pm

ClauS wrote:
Skydawg wrote:Is it possible to reopen an image that was edited with photoshop and returned? It is a layered tiff. I selected image 'edit with' photoshop. Tiff was created and photoshop opened. I edited and did a couple adjustment layers. Saved image and it shows in C1. I then decide I want to do further editing in photoshop on the same image. If I select to 'edit with' photoshop another tiff is created and the layers do not show in photoshop when it opens. What am I missing or is it not possible?

Thanks

If you want to re-edit your tiff you don't have to use Edit with but Open with.

If you wanted to edit the layers added previously I would guess that also saving the PSD file used during editing would be a good idea.
SFA

Postby Skydawg » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:45 pm

Open with is the answer. Thanks, did I mention I hate learning curves?
Skydawg

Return to Capture One 12.x Software