Problems with edit with photoshop cc

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Problems with edit with photoshop cc

Postby Skydawg » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:46 pm

When I use edit with photoshop cc, I select tiff format etc. The image opens up as a tiff in Adobe Camera Raw. I can make adjustment there or just select open copy. The adjustments are way off. Look more like hdr. The shadows are maxed out, the whites are cranked up. When the image is open in photoshop and I want to return it to C1 12, it asks me where I want to save it. I am using a referenced catalog that was created from an exported lightroom collection as a lightroom catalog. So far not a very good experience with editing in C1 12. Trying to duplicate work flow of lightroom to photoshop and back.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John
Skydawg

Re: Problems with edit with photoshop cc

Postby Ian3 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:58 pm

I suppose the first thing to ask is whether the TIFF that is created in this process looks as it should in Capture One. (That is, does it look like the edited raw file if you look at both in Capture One, side by side.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Skydawg » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:08 pm

Yes the tiff is created in c1 before photoshop launches and it looks like the raw file I made adjustments to right next to it.
Skydawg

Postby Ian3 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:36 pm

So then perhaps it is a setting in Photoshop that is to blame? Or a colour profile? Why is the TIFF being opened by Camera Raw anyway? I don't use Photoshop, but I believe there is an option to have TIFFs open in camera raw or not. It's not a raw file, so don't you want it to skip camera raw and open in Photoshop proper?

Ian
Ian3

Postby Skydawg » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:30 am

You may be correct. I changed camera raw settings in photoshop to not open for tiff. Still testing.
Thanks
Skydawg

Return to Capture One 12.x Software