Syncing new images in referenced catalog

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Syncing new images in referenced catalog

Postby Skydawg » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:08 pm

I created a collection in Lightroom and exported that as a Lightroom catalog. I imported that into c1 12 pro for fuji. Later I copied another image into the folder the lightroom collection was based on. Is there a way to sync c1 so it sees that new image? Another way to get it into the catalog of c1 I am working on?

Thanks,
John
Skydawg

Re: Syncing new images in referenced catalog

Postby Ian3 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Can you not just synchronise the folder in Capture One?

Ian
Ian3

Postby Skydawg » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:15 pm

No flolders show up in the library tab.
Tried to add screen capture of area, but can't figure out how to add it to this post.
Skydawg

Postby Ian3 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 pm

NN637075247212898723UL wrote:No flolders show up in the library tab.
Tried to add screen capture of area, but can't figure out how to add it to this post.

So when you imported the images into Capture One are they "managed" - in the In Catalog section of the Library tool, or are they still in a folder on your hard disc?

Another way of doing it is to import the contents of the source folder again with the option to ignore duplicates checked.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Skydawg » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:52 pm

The images are in the folder. The catalog in c1 is referencing the location not stored within catalog.
Skydawg

Postby Ian3 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:53 pm

NN637075247212898723UL wrote:The images are in the folder. The catalog in c1 is referencing the location not stored within catalog.

If that’s right, I don’t understand how it is you don’t see the folder in the Libra4y.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Skydawg » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:08 pm

I think I figured it out. I can see the folder in the library tab. I wasn't scrolling down far enough in that panel. New to C1 and still fumbling with the interface. The problem stems from the lightroom collection export as catalog settings. The 'export negative files' box was checked and it made a copy of the original images in a directory with the catalog and the catalog was pointing at it. So when I imported the lightroom catalog into C1, it too was pointing at the images directory in the same folder as the lightroom catalog. When I put a new image into the original folder of images, of course it did not show in C1 since it was not aware of the original folder. I deleted both the C1 catalog and the lightroom exported collection catalog and started over. A battle perhaps won, but the war as they say, goes on.

Thanks for the feedback brother
Skydawg

Return to Capture One 12.x Software