C1 ver 12

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

C1 ver 12

Postby NNN635040576084044010 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Can not figure out how to delete a session so it does not show in C1 any longer. I deleted the folder outside of C1 but it still shows although cant find it and I see no way to delete the session within C1 either. I don't need to keep this session any longer. Thanks
NNN635040576084044010

Re: C1 ver 12

Postby Ian3 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Capture One keeps a list of recent sessions and catalogs. As you create or open others, the older ones drop off the list. There is no straightforward way within the app to edit that list. You can clear it completely (click the drop-down for the list, and the last item is Clear Menu) to just start building up the list again, or you can be patient and wait for the older ones to drop off as you open new ones. (There is a file somewhere that you can edit to manipulate the list, but I am not sure where to find it, especially in Windows, but I would have thought that it is a minor annoyance that is worth just putting up with.)

Ian
Ian3

Re: C1 ver 12

Postby OddS » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:28 pm

NNN635040576084044010 wrote:Can not figure out how to delete a session so it does not show in C1 any longer

I don't think C1 has a user function for that, but you may perhaps want to stop C1 and fiddle with the user configuration file. Navigate to
C:\Users\YOUR_LOGIN_NAME_HERE\Local\Phase_One\CaptureOne.exe_StrongName_...\C1VERSIONCODE\user.config

The "..." following StrongName_ represents a cryptic code that probably differs from one installation to the next.
The "C1VERSIONCODE" is 12.1.3.2 on my computer.

user.config is a plain text file (XML), you can edit with any decent text editor (MS Word is NOT one of the kind). Look for the XML element "<RecentlyUsedDocuments>" and investigate the string elements between <internalList> and </internalList>. Delete the string element(s) (<string>...</string>) you don't like. If you are not familiar with the process, you should indeed make a copy of user.config before you begin. Start C1 when done and the new user.config has been saved.

Disclaimer: You are on your own if you screw it up :-)
OddS

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows