Brush bug?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Brush bug?

Postby NN636275244091231986UL » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:45 pm

Hello
I am having an annoying bug with the brush (layers adjustments) since the last 2 versions of C1, I select a big part of the sky for example in my photo including the top left corner, the brush will show me red zone in that zone, but once I stop selecting, about 1 second later C1 will deselect the brush area on the top and left borders making the local adjustment broken, I tried with and without auto-mask but this bug is still there.
I am using C1 12.1.3

NN636275244091231986UL

Re: Brush bug?

Postby SFA » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:45 pm

That seems very odd.

The only way I can get something similar is when using the crop tool. However there are, at least potentially, a lot of variables that could apply to the image at that point including the settings for a number of preferences and the Proof Profile options. Could it be that you have set a crop that is not being applied for some reason?

Is your watermark text or a graphic? If graphic, what size if the graphic?

You could also try an experiment by setting the value for "Hardware Acceleration" in the Preferences to "Never" just to see if that makes any difference. It's the quickest way to see whether the GPU processing path has any effect on what you are seeing.

That said I am using 12.1.1 to check this and when you mentions the "last 2 versions" as being problematic I'm not sure whether you mean 12.1.2 and 12.1.3 or starting at an earlier point.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows