color demolition in exported tiff and jpg

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

color demolition in exported tiff and jpg

Postby NN103673UL » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:32 am

hello . What i am doing wrong?
Picture: I changed some sony-arw pic.(foggy - with - trees) less hue-values. By reduching the hue from 0-255 to 4-228 no problem in C1-12 it looked good but after export the pictures looks like comics. the reduced hue values are not balanced as seen in C1-12 but demolished. As soon as I work with the hue-tab/shade value graphic all exported pic (I tested) becomes this problems (which I don't see in C1 itself).My system PC-Win10, C1-12.1.3.2
Thx for help - is there an option to send a picture/hardcopy showing the problem?
so I found some new details the HDR is the problem - without reducing HDR-parameters the pic's seem to work - but what's going wrong with this in C1-software?
NN103673UL

Re: color demolition in exported tiff and jpg

Postby Ian3 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:27 am

You should expect that what you see in C1 is what you get on output. But what are you using to view the output files? Do they look like that in every app you try them in? What ICC profile is shown in the Export or Process dialog box?

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:07 pm

NN103673UL wrote:Thx for help - is there an option to send a picture/hardcopy showing the problem?

Host the image somewhere from which you can share it via a link.

Create the link and post it here. Ideally this would be for optional viewing rather than embedding the image.

Grant
Last edited by SFA on Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SFA

Postby NN103673UL » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:45 am

thx for your answer. - I see the difference on the same screen - opening the tiff/jpg next by the C1-picture
this discontinuities of hue appears when I work with HDR-filter in C1
and No I have no problems using HDR in LR6 on the same configuration/PC. So for the moment I export colorcorrected pics to LR6 as tiff - ...
I opened from C1 to "export to PS / Irfan / paint" same result and I opened the files from a laptob Win8/Irfan ...same results.
see a hardcopy : http://www.5zu1.de/pics/c1_export_disco ... hue_01.jpg
My hardware : PC-amd 3700 + amd-5700 graphic driver from Sept. 23.
Thx in advance kajot
NN103673UL

Postby NNN635636448355960533 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:34 am

Hello, the same problem here. This time with Fujifilm RAF exported to JPEG or TIFF. It does not matter which viewer I use exported images images are screwed in the same way as OPs. This happens as soon as I touch Highlights/Shadows sliders in C1. I'm evaluating C1 so my license is C1 Fujifilm Pro trial. Hardware is:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Logged support call but still waiting for response. Glad did not buy this stuff as it may be incompatible with my hardware or just buggy.
NNN635636448355960533

Postby NN103673UL » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:33 am

hmm answer from support :
Issues which may be related to OpenCL

- Scrambled or somewhat 'glitched' previews when making adjustments

- Crashes when processing/exporting images

- Artifacts in processed images

- Slow processing times

- Slow mask drawing

- Crash when opening Capture One

The first thing to do would be to see if the above issues disappear when setting OpenCL to 'Never'. This can be found in Preferences > General > Hardware Acceleration (Use OpenCL for) --> never/never

ok that is working . But without openGL !!? hmm
NN103673UL

Postby SFA » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:33 pm

NN103673UL wrote:
ok that is working . But without openGL !!? hmm

OPEN CL not GL.

This often means a problem with the driver for the GPU so it's worth assessing which version of the driver is installed.

Sometimes, with OS updates, the latest driver is the best option.

Sometimes the 'latest' driver may be made available with a few problems of its own and going back a release or two may be worth trying.

The first thing to try is to ensure that C1 has managed to correctly and fully build the kernel it needs for the for the GPU driver. There is a log file that may give some indication about that.

Did support point you towards the Knowledge Base article that tells you how to force renewal of the kernel creation if required once you had tested the process without hardware acceleration?

Grant
SFA

Postby NN103673UL » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:05 pm

yes they told me some steps but ...
0.as described : without hardware acceleration the effect disappears : presets-- hardware acceleration : never/never

1. delede files in C:\Users\All Users\Phase One\Capture One\ImageCore - all will be rebuild after restart of C1
yes ICOLbin/...xml/..._all.xml are rebuilt.
2. in C1 switch on "view--sharpness".While zooming the colour should disappear.
ok, all sharp parts are green - but when zooming they are still green and 'NOT without color while zooming (as described as a working OpenCL) - no OpenCL?? or is the GPU "only" fast. - because zooming is very fast (the amd5700 is a PCIe4-graphic-card)

3. they told me to change in registry computer/.../software/...intelocl64.dll - I have no Intel-GPU , I have an amd-GPU in this PC (amdocl64.dll's in different registry-subdirectories) - so I am waiting for next answer.
NN103673UL

Postby SFA » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:24 pm

I have never seen the "sharpness test" work as described.

I have a GPU meter program but that's for Win 7 and probably would not work on Win 10.

Does Win 10 have its own performance monitoring programs?

NVidia GPU software has some ability to identify the programs that are using the GPU. Does you card have something similar?

The log files should indicate whether the kernel rebuild has worked.

No errors and a faster output file processing time (for a measurable batch of images) would be another indication.

If you have rebuilt the kernel and the output images now look ok with Hardware Acceleration turned on again all should be well.

Grant
SFA

Postby NN103673UL » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:18 pm

thanks Grant
yes it is working fine - and without a change in registry
here is what I mean : it is the view /sharpnessmask in C1
http://5zu1.de/pics/view-sharpnessmask_01.jpg
it is in german but I think you find this button
and I will look where I can find the "status of OpenCL" by googling
NN103673UL

Postby NN103673UL » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:39 pm

back again
OpenCL with amd-RX 5700 is not working correct. My error was to say too fast that it is working. I forgot to look at C1 that was reconfigured (for 5min!) after I deleded C:\Users\All Users\Phase One\Capture One\ImageCore\ICOCL*. During this 5min the C1 did go on working without OpenCL . Afterwards the bending ( haha the solarization-look) appears again. Now I will wait for an update - NOT using OpenCL, one of the advertised unique features of C1. Ka Jot
NN103673UL

Postby NNN635636448355960533 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:38 pm

I've received good communication from C1 support guys who confirmed that sometimes newer hardware is not performing as it should due to many factors, for example: changes to OpenCL.
So, ATM I'm suspending my trial of C1 (which is a pity as really liked the software) and hoping for a fix in not too distant future.
One good thing that came out of this: C1 support is quick and informative. Another feather in C1s cap.
NNN635636448355960533

Postby Bobtographer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:19 am

NN103673UL wrote:back again
OpenCL with amd-RX 5700 is not working correct. My error was to say too fast that it is working. I forgot to look at C1 that was reconfigured (for 5min!) after I deleded C:\Users\All Users\Phase One\Capture One\ImageCore\ICOCL*. During this 5min the C1 did go on working without OpenCL . Afterwards the bending ( haha the solarization-look) appears again. Now I will wait for an update - NOT using OpenCL, one of the advertised unique features of C1. Ka Jot

can you supply the RAW file so other users can try on their systems? :)
Bobtographer

Postby SFA » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:27 am

NNN635636448355960533 wrote:I've received good communication from C1 support guys who confirmed that sometimes newer hardware is not performing as it should due to many factors, for example: changes to OpenCL.
So, ATM I'm suspending my trial of C1 (which is a pity as really liked the software) and hoping for a fix in not too distant future.
One good thing that came out of this: C1 support is quick and informative. Another feather in C1s cap.

Is the use of Hardware Acceleration via a GPU, as opposed to simply processing without the GPU and maybe losing a little speed, a critical part of your general assessment?

For your Fuji camera you can of course continue to use the Fuji Express version for assessment, albeit with some limitations for available functionality.

Grant
Last edited by SFA on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
SFA

Postby Christian Gruner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:46 am

Is it a Color shift you see, or false color/artifacts appearing?

Please post screenshots and provide the raw-file including adjustments (I.e. in a .eip file)
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Next

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows