Enhancement Requests

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Enhancement Requests

Postby JohnStefanko » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:54 am

Please add:

1. the ability to open a photo in Capture One from Windows Explorer or the command line
2. some kind of programmatic or script ability to manage albums or collections
JohnStefanko

Re: Enhancement Requests

Postby Bobtographer » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:36 am

not the place to make requests
Bobtographer

Postby SFA » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:44 am

John,

As this is intended to be a User to User forum your best option and the way that Phase prefer to receive and manage Enhancement Requests, is through the Support Case system they use for Customer Relationship Management.

https://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain

Scroll to the lower half of the page for the contact options provided.

That said if using Windows and with the appropriate Windows File Associations established, if you right click an image in Windows Explore you should be able to use Open With to request that C1 is the program to use to open the file.

There may be some constraints depending in C1 preference settings and maybe if using an Express variant if it require a catalogue name to be specified but as I don't use Express I am not sure about that.

As for the Command line - I guess you could do that as well bit I can't think of a good reason to do so.

If you become an Apple user you could perhaps make use of Applescript which might address your second item but I would guess you would need to be a bit more specific about what exactly you may want to manage that is not currently possible. Maybe also try to indicate how many people you think might use such functionality.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby JohnStefanko » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:18 am

Bobtographer wrote:not the place to make requests

Thanks for this valuable input. Notwithstanding your pedantic response, and given that they don't offer such a place and that the definition of "forum" is:

a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

...I think I'll make them here when it suits me. Anyway, I could have said, "What do other users think about these ideas?"
JohnStefanko

Postby JohnStefanko » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:32 am

Thank you for the information. Unlike the other response, this was polite and informative.

However, they don't offer an "enhancement requests" option on the support page; only these:

• I own Phase One equipment and need premium support for my camera or Capture One
  • I need support for Capture One but do not own Phase One camera equipment
  • I cannot login to my account

Besides, if submit it directly to them, other users wouldn't be able to agree, disagree, or offer even better ideas. This place should be a discussion of ideas, not just people asking for help.

Finally, C1 doesn't add file associations when installed. And I tried various command line options and it doesn't work.

I'm not switching to a Mac any time soon. And I paid the same price for the Windows version. Support should be the same. I have no idea how many people would use these options. Phase One would be in a much better position to answer this question.

SFA wrote:John,

As this is intended to be a User to User forum your best option and the way that Phase prefer to receive and manage Enhancement Requests, is through the Support Case system they use for Customer Relationship Management.

https://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain

Scroll to the lower half of the page for the contact options provided.

That said if using Windows and with the appropriate Windows File Associations established, if you right click an image in Windows Explore you should be able to use Open With to request that C1 is the program to use to open the file.

There may be some constraints depending in C1 preference settings and maybe if using an Express variant if it require a catalogue name to be specified but as I don't use Express I am not sure about that.

As for the Command line - I guess you could do that as well bit I can't think of a good reason to do so.

If you become an Apple user you could perhaps make use of Applescript which might address your second item but I would guess you would need to be a bit more specific about what exactly you may want to manage that is not currently possible. Maybe also try to indicate how many people you think might use such functionality.

HTH.

Grant
JohnStefanko

Postby Ian3 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:59 am

JohnStefanko wrote:
However, they don't offer an "enhancement requests" option on the support page; only these:

• I own Phase One equipment and need premium support for my camera or Capture One
  • I need support for Capture One but do not own Phase One camera equipment
  • I cannot login to my account

Besides, if submit it directly to them, other users wouldn't be able to agree, disagree, or offer even better ideas. This place should be a discussion of ideas, not just people asking for help.

By all means discuss your ideas for enhancements here - as you say other users may be interested to discuss them, and may offer better ideas. As long as you realise that doing so does not get your request to Phase One.

They have recently changed the layout of the support pages. However on the support landing page that you have discovered if you click on the second of the options you have listed, the page that comes up offers a lot of resources like webinars, tutorials the online user guide etc. But at top right there is a link saying "Submit a request". The way it has always worked is that you submit a support request and you can include "Enhancement request" in your subject line, and make your suggestions. Not the most obvious route, perhaps, but it is available.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows