Issue last Windows update

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Issue last Windows update

Postby NNN637038256639842745 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:08 am

Today I have update Windows and now I have issue with C1. The program crashes after several seconds. I try everything to re-install C1, deleting image Core, config. Appdata, programdata and temp. Only deleting of Appdata Local files temporary solve the problems, but if I export something it starts to crash again.
NNN637038256639842745
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby GrahamB3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:50 am

I'm not having any problems with C1 and the update. It's an easy matter to roll back the update.

Under "windows settings ", choose "update & security", then "recovery", and "go back to the previous version of windows 10".
GrahamB3
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby m-marri » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:36 am

Having the exact same issue all day today. Tried everything to fix the issue but only managed to get a temporary fix before the issue starts again and constantly have C1 crash again after 5 mins.
m-marri
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:08 am

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby cleibig » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Similar issue here, only it never even starts. I don't even get the splash screen, the log is empty except for the following.

Code: Select all
********************************************************************************
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.477][000][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Application started, version Capture One 12.1.3.2 - Located at: C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 12\CaptureOne.exe
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.477][000][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Running on Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18362.0
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.495][017][ID:001,           ]{LOG  } | Log file initialized.
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.503][008][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Init application settings
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.845][341][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Using optimus: False
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.859][013][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Showing splash box


And that's it...not sure how to debug this further.

Removing KB4515384 fixed the issue for me. YMMV.
cleibig
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby SFA » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:04 pm

cleibig wrote:Similar issue here, only it never even starts. I don't even get the splash screen, the log is empty except for the following.

Code: Select all
********************************************************************************
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.477][000][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Application started, version Capture One 12.1.3.2 - Located at: C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 12\CaptureOne.exe
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.477][000][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Running on Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18362.0
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.495][017][ID:001,           ]{LOG  } | Log file initialized.
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.503][008][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Init application settings
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.845][341][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Using optimus: False
[2019-09-13 16:49:59.859][013][ID:001,           ]{APPL } | Showing splash box


And that's it...not sure how to debug this further.

Removing KB4515384 fixed the issue for me. YMMV.


A Google search seems to suggest there may be a problem with the recent Windows 10 update.

I run Win 7 so I am unable to usefully comment further.
SFA
 
Posts: 7263
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby cleibig » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:37 pm

SFA wrote:
cleibig wrote:[...]
Removing KB4515384 fixed the issue for me. YMMV.


A Google search seems to suggest there may be a problem with the recent Windows 10 update.

I run Win 7 so I am unable to usefully comment further.


Yeah, see the part of my quote above. After uninstalling KB4515384 Capture One started working again. :)
cleibig
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby IanS » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:38 pm

NNN637038256639842745 wrote:Today I have update Windows and now I have issue with C1. The program crashes after several seconds. I try everything to re-install C1, deleting image Core, config. Appdata, programdata and temp. Only deleting of Appdata Local files temporary solve the problems, but if I export something it starts to crash again.


Just a data point. C1Pro (v12.13) is working for me OK with the last Win update.

Ian
IanS
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby SFA » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:11 pm

cleibig wrote:
SFA wrote:
cleibig wrote:[...]
Removing KB4515384 fixed the issue for me. YMMV.


A Google search seems to suggest there may be a problem with the recent Windows 10 update.

I run Win 7 so I am unable to usefully comment further.


Yeah, see the part of my quote above. After uninstalling KB4515384 Capture One started working again. :)


I thought that was was you were suggesting which is why I checked by searching. It seemed to be a good idea to reinforce your comment just in case others thought you had stumbled across a solution purely by chance and so it might not work for them!

;)
SFA
 
Posts: 7263
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby AndyB. » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:54 am

Can confirm that issue with the KB4515384 Windows patch. C1 doesn´t work after applying the patch on my 3 computers (Win 10 Pro). After removing the patch C1 is working fine again :D . Extra tip: I disabled cortana manually, so I hope I can ban the cpu workload issue.
AndyB.
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:57 am

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby AiDon » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:28 pm

AndyB. wrote:Can confirm that issue with the KB4515384 Windows patch. C1 doesn´t work after applying the patch on my 3 computers (Win 10 Pro). After removing the patch C1 is working fine again :D . Extra tip: I disabled cortana manually, so I hope I can ban the cpu workload issue.


Strange my Win 10 was updated with that patch on 11/09 and all works fine. It may well be that there is a conflict with 3rd Party software that is causing the issue. There are known problems with RivaTuner. ASUS Sonic, Duet Display and FastPictureViewer CODEC pack (Versions prior to 3.8.0.9). But there may also be others that try to inject code into the OS that may cause issues especially with Direct 3D Libraries etc.
AiDon
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:58 am

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby bilbo9 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:50 pm

If you're using the Riva Tuner software, update to the latest version(7.2.3 version).
bilbo9
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 8:23 am

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby NNN636860840496941911 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:14 am

Had the nice thing that the alt key was disabled with the new win 10 update and so i deleted all my settings 😲, lso all autofunctions were not working proper. Deinstalled the last win 10 update and its functioning
NNN636860840496941911
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby NNN636122108841519463 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:10 pm

For me, uninstalling the KB4515384 does not help. C1 crashes after a short time and even leads to a Windwos Bluescreen.
All the software on my SurfaceBook 2 is up to date.
Would not it be high time for a bug fix on C1?
NNN636122108841519463
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:34 am

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby IanS » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:00 pm

NNN636122108841519463 wrote:For me, uninstalling the KB4515384 does not help. C1 crashes after a short time and even leads to a Windwos Bluescreen.
All the software on my SurfaceBook 2 is up to date.
Would not it be high time for a bug fix on C1?


I have a 6 year old desktop on Win 10Pro (1903) with all of the latest updates including the .NET update today. C1Pro v12.13 is working fine. So not a simple C1Pro issue.
IanS
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Issue last Windows update

Postby OddS » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:22 am

NNN636122108841519463 wrote:...Would not it be high time for a bug fix on C1?


Or high time for Microsoft to get things right, be it hardware, operating systems or applications :?: .

Like IanS, I have an updated veteran W10 computer that runs C1 version 12.1.3 just fine. I also have a much newer W10 laptop, updated and C1 runs just fine.

Your crash problem may be caused by a process that does not run on my (or IanS's) system. Something like anti virus or other security processes, communication/chat processes or third party "watch for update" processes to name a few of the common trouble makers.
OddS
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 pm

Next

Return to Capture One 12.x Software



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests