Style Share Repository - Thoughts?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Style Share Repository - Thoughts?

Postby AaronSogoian » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Curious of the desire and legal implications of helping to set up an amateur style sharing repository. Something simple like a drop box or Google Drive organized (B&W, Color Grading, Vintage, Landscape, etc) where anyone can download other shared styles, and submit via email to an admin (me, or whoever).

This is a little bit middle ground as anyone can create, save, and export their Styles (and even sell them). However, I do think we need some control so we don't have people sharing PURCHASED styles, basically making it a illegal sharing site.

All thoughts/suggestion welcome.
AaronSogoian

Re: Style Share Repository - Thoughts?

Postby C-M-B » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:37 am

Well, I'd suggest you contact a laywer to get some information regarding the potential legal implications of setting up any kind of file sharing repository (especially when it's accessible for free).

Especially now that a new copyright law is going to be introduced in the EU, making the owner of such a platform legally liable for potential copyright infringements by its users.

In short: This isn't something that should/could be discussed in a user forum for a RAW editor.
C-M-B

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows