Crashing when Exiting C1 - "Saving..." never ends

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Crashing when Exiting C1 - "Saving..." never ends

Postby m. kobal » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:33 pm

Hi,
whenever I want to close down C1 12 and 12.001 (the latest update) it hangs on "Saving..." and it would go forever unless I wouldn't shut down/ended the program with "Task manager".

Anyone knows what might be the cause of that?
m. kobal

Re: Crashing when Exiting C1 - "Saving..." never ends

Postby m. kobal » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:59 pm

*Update*
I have solved the problem by emptying session trash folder of 4500 images... :oops:
m. kobal

Postby m. kobal » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:08 pm

And the problem is back... As soon as I opened new folder in the browser, C1 hangs-on when I want to shut it down/exit.
m. kobal

Postby SFA » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:12 pm

m. kobal wrote:And the problem is back... As soon as I opened new folder in the browser, C1 hangs-on when I want to shut it down/exit.

This is a Session usage rather than a Catalog? (I know you wrote "session" but it is a widely used word so best to confirm.)

I sometimes see this very briefly and sometimes for much longer times when closing a session (I always use "Close Window" as I often have more them one session open at the same time.)

I think this is the result of a problems being able able to access some files on disk to update with the contents of memory. Normally, I think, this would be happening second by second but sometimes it appears not to be the case.

Id your session on a local disk or an external drive? Or maybe a NAS? I seem to see the message more often when using a NAS - but I do not claim to have undertaken and thorough analysis.

The Log files may offer some clues.

I would suggest clearing temp files and maybe the batch queue for output processing. Also create a Support Case to obtain assistance from the C1 Technical Support Team.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby m. kobal » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi Grant, thank you for your feedback.
Not sure what did it, but now it works.

I am working only in sessions and using mostly external ssd drives.
m. kobal

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows