strange differences Mac / Windows

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

strange differences Mac / Windows

Postby bildbaendiger » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:30 pm

I have recognized some strange differences between the Mac and the Windows Version of Capture One and I ask my why:

1. View: Enter Full Screen command:
Mac Version: if a Picutre is selectet it will be show in full screen
Windows Version: the only effect is, that the menu disapears, no picture will be show in full screen. The only way to show a picture in full screen is to choose the Viewer command in the Windows menu, but this is not the same.

2. Windows version: Right click in the Capture folder under "Sessions Folders": New Folder is grayed out, not active.
To create a new favorized folder in the capture folder i have first go to the capture folder in the "System Folder", create a new one and add it as favorite.
Mac Version: I can create and favorize this folder with one command with right click on the capture folder.

3. Mac Version: in a catalog with sessions i can select the session container and all pictures inside this session will be displayed.
Windows version: when i select the session i see no pictures, i have to go inside the session to the folders and select them.

4. Open with plugin:
Mac Version: I can select all applications
Windows version: I see only a few applications, but no one of my photo editing software

Greetings
Thomas
bildbaendiger

Re: strange differences Mac / Windows

Postby IanS » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:53 pm

bildbaendiger wrote:I have recognized some strange differences between the Mac and the Windows Version of Capture One and I ask my why:

4. Open with plugin:
Mac Version: I can select all applications
Windows version: I see only a few applications, but no one of my photo editing software

Greetings
Thomas

Do you mean that you can't add the programs you want via the plugin tab in preferences, using search?

Ian
IanS

Postby cdc » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:37 pm

bildbaendiger wrote:1. View: Enter Full Screen command:
Mac Version: if a Picutre is selectet it will be show in full screen
Windows Version: the only effect is, that the menu disapears, no picture will be show in full screen. The only way to show a picture in full screen is to choose the Viewer command in the Windows menu, but this is not the same.

Do you have dual monitors connected to you windows machine?
cdc

Postby RobiWan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:29 am

bildbaendiger wrote:I have recognized some strange differences between the Mac and the Windows Version of Capture One and I ask my why:

There are many differences between Win/ OSX versions - I have mentioned it some times but Phase One does nothing :twisted:
RobiWan

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows