C1 creates variants after import

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

C1 creates variants after import

Postby OliverF » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:55 am

Hi there!

I usually import RAW files withoutn any problems, but now I have an issue: I import JPGs the following way:
1) Open a specific folder in my catalog which contains RAWs
2) Do an "Add Folder" and adding a subfolder to my catalog whitch JPGs. These where creates by another tool bases on the RAWs
3) Do an "Sychronize" for this new subfolder.

Result: At first no problems, all JPGs are imported.

But either I haven't looked correctly already in the first place or now, after a while: C1 creates for more than the half of the JPGs variants automatically. Sometimes even with different orientation...

See full examples

Anybody has the same issue?

Regards, Oliver
OliverF

Re: C1 creates variants after import

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:23 am

Could be something to do with the other tool that created the JPEGs. Could be you synchronize process instead of import. Could be the catalog.

I would create a fresh catalog for testing, repeat the procedure and see what happens.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby OliverF » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi Paul,

again thanks for your fast reply!

Ok, that would be one idea. But since this would mean I would have to build up my catalog again from scratch I would not take it as the first step if possible... :-)

Is there a way to filter all new variants? For me it would be fine to filter them and then do a delete. But so far I found no filter criteria that would allow me to do so.

Regards,
Oliver
OliverF

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:07 pm

OliverF wrote:But since this would mean I would have to build up my catalog again from scratch I would not take it as the first step if possible... :-)

No, just import a few of those JPEGs for testing in a new catalog and see what happens. Done in a few minutes.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby OliverF » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Ok, done this - new catalog and imported one of my jpg directories. No problems!

So either its my catalog in general or there is a problem to import JPGs when RAWs of the same name already exist.

I've opened a support ticket at phase one. Maybe they can figure this out...
OliverF

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows