How to licence management ?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

How to licence management ?

Postby NN636840893570996280UL » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:53 am

The day before yesterday I bought the upgrade from v11 (though admittedly I was hesitant given the 34% price increase over the previous upgrade :(

But when I now open C11 presently installed on my Computer, I get the message that my licence was deactivated. Please note that I have NOT yet installed v12 because I wanted to finish the work on my current project with the settings, workspace and engine of C11 before dealing with the new version.

So WHY my valid C11 licence has been deactivated before I even install and use C12 ??? That's very strange and I cannot remember having experienced that on previous upgrade circles (I have been using C1 since v1 !) Of course, it's fine that the licence is deactivated if the new version is installed and USED - but NOT just by BUYING the upgrade. It still should be the freedom of the user to decide when he wants to install the upgrade and skip the currently installed version
villagreen
NN636840893570996280UL

Re: How to licence management ?

Postby Ian3 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:34 am

There have been lots of questions about this! All you need to do is use your new licence code for your existing v11 installation. And then use it for your v12 when it suits you to install it.

Ian
Ian3

Postby IanS » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:12 pm

NN636840893570996280UL wrote:The day before yesterday I bought the upgrade from v11 (though admittedly I was hesitant given the 34% price increase over the previous upgrade :(

But when I now open C11 presently installed on my Computer, I get the message that my licence was deactivated. Please note that I have NOT yet installed v12 because I wanted to finish the work on my current project with the settings, workspace and engine of C11 before dealing with the new version.

So WHY my valid C11 licence has been deactivated before I even install and use C12 ??? That's very strange and I cannot remember having experienced that on previous upgrade circles (I have been using C1 since v1 !) Of course, it's fine that the licence is deactivated if the new version is installed and USED - but NOT just by BUYING the upgrade. It still should be the freedom of the user to decide when he wants to install the upgrade and skip the currently installed version
villagreen

Sounds like for some reason you already had 3 activations logged against your account. Just go to your account page and deactivate all licences then simply activate the installs that you want to use with your V12 code (works for V11).

Ian
IanS

Postby Keith Reeder » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:36 am

Don't double-post, please: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=29989
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows