Keyboard Shortcut for export

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Re: Keyboard Shortcut for export

Postby SFA » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 am

Smiles wrote:
SFA wrote:
Smiles wrote:The option you're looking for ... ie, a shortcut to quickly edit an image (retouch via the "Edit with..." menu selection") in an external program, was REMOVED in V12. Apparently it has something to do with the new plug-in option ... if so, then providing a shortcut entry for THAT would have been nice BEFORE they removed the current functionality. A real inconvenience to me since I'd created a shortcut in the prior version and was using it a lot and now it's gone. Just today I figured out a work-around via a hotkey program ... hopefully they won't figure out a way to disable this also. I'm at a loss as to why they couldn't have just allowed us "users" ... customers ... to decide what we want to create shortcuts for.

Where there is a technically available solution they do.

It's a fact that "Edit in..." was technically possible. Where is it?

Since the shortcut for "Edit In..." existed, then obviously it's technically possible to have a shortcut for "Open In...", yet isn't implemented.

There is something more going on here ...

It is.

As I wrote previously.

"V12, to allow greater flexibility and the 'plug-in' support workaround that so many people seem to want, has logically moved the connection to invoke external editors to the plug-in portal but at the moment that means the hot key functionality has gone AWOL. "

Making this decision suggests that the requirements of the user base will be better satisfied over all based on 'give us plug-in capability' requests.

Eventually.

But it seems to have changed the options for invoking the functionality based on keyboard short cuts for the time being.

It has not removed the feature, just changed the method of access for a time.

Have you created a Support Case to let the development team how much this impairs your work flow?
SFA

Re: Keyboard Shortcut for export

Postby Smiles » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:34 pm

SFA wrote:
It is.

As I wrote previously.

"V12, to allow greater flexibility and the 'plug-in' support workaround that so many people seem to want, has logically moved the connection to invoke external editors to the plug-in portal but at the moment that means the hot key functionality has gone AWOL. "

Making this decision suggests that the requirements of the user base will be better satisfied over all based on 'give us plug-in capability' requests.

Eventually.

But it seems to have changed the options for invoking the functionality based on keyboard short cuts for the time being.

It has not removed the feature, just changed the method of access for a time.

Have you created a Support Case to let the development team how much this impairs your work flow?

What in the world do shortcuts have to do with the new plug-in system?

I don't care what method/system/software they create to get me to an external program ... just give me the ability to avoid the menu system and use shortcuts. If the new plug-in system is their way to photoshop, ETC ... then give me a shortcut for THAT?

... and YES ... on the 12th of December last year ...

The shortcut I originally created only took me to the dialog box for choosing the external program i wished to use. I had photoshop setup as the default when I hit "enter" ... but now since the shortcut is gone and does nothing, I end up out of habit hitting the shortcut (nothing happens) and then enter and voila I'm in "compare mode" ... what a pain lol.

I moved to Capture One from Lightroom several years ago ... and the shortcut I HAD previously assigned was simply the one I'd been using in Lightroom. I think Capture is better in many ways, I'm a supporter, I want to keep using it ... I love the result, but think the user interface is kind of confused and convoluted ... but I can see it's being cleaned up and more logical with every release and I'm generally a patient person ... so I've had trust they'd get there eventually. This shortcut issue is silly. Just allow us to have shortcuts to everything we choose. Simple.
Smiles

Previous

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows