Date Search using Filters vs Smart Album

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Date Search using Filters vs Smart Album

Postby TimG » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:27 pm

For recurring submissions to publications I have tried two different techniques to retrieve images and I'm getting significantly different results.

First I tried creating a Smart album with Match All of the following rules using the Preset for Rating "is great than or equal" to 2 stars. Plus Date-Year is after 2017. That search found no images. I switched the second criteria to Date is after 2017. Then I tried Date is on 2018. Again, no images found.

I deleted that Smart album and tried again using Match All of the following rules using the Preset for Rating "is great than or equal" to 2 stars. Plus Date is on 2018. 430 images were found, which is what I had with Lightroom. But those were the same criteria that I used in the last iteration of the first search.

Next, using the Library tool, I selected "All Images," then used the Filters tool to select both Two Stars and 2018. That showed 42 images, which is well short of what I should be seeing. Lightroom shows over 200 with the same criteria. However, in Lightroom I have over 2600 images in my 2018 folder while C1 just shows 380 in the Library/Filters/Date/2018 folder. The LR catalog was recently imported into C1 so the two numbers should be very similar.

I'm thoroughly confused why I'm getting either no results or radically different results using the same search criteria on exactly the same catalog of images.
TimG

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows