Copy Albums and/or collections between catalogs

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Copy Albums and/or collections between catalogs

Postby rjh1007 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Since I have continually experienced stability problems with large catalogs I have split my catalog into three. Stability issues have gone away. However, my collections/albums didn't transfer over. How can I copy or move a collection or album from one catalog to another? The images referenced in specific albums would be in the new catalog.
This is a major blow if it can't be done as I would have to recreate each of the albums manually.
Thanks for any help.
Bob
rjh1007

Re: Copy Albums and/or collections between catalogs

Postby rjh1007 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:02 am

Figured it out. I am using the windows version
In case you want to do the same here are the steps.
1) Open both the catalog that contains the catalog and the the catalog you wish to copy the catalog to.
2) Right click on the collection, then Export as Catalog, select your location ( it will be sticky for future exports) IMPORTANT - uncheck - Also include referenced originals, click OK
3) In the import catalogue File>Import Catalog>Capture One Catalog - browse to location of exported album catalog and open catalog file
4) In the dialogue click - Apply to all conflicts of this type and then click Existing
5) In the Library/User Collections you will find your album - move it up or down to your preference and you can delete the temp_import listing afterward
Occasionally there will be a link in the new album that can't be found in your current catalog - you can either try to locate it or you probably previously deleted or renamed the file.

Sounds like a lot of steps, however, it goes quickly.

Note to CO - if they ever read these forums - you can do your users a big favor and provide either a quick tool for doing this or fix your drag and drop between catalogs. The drag and drop functionality in CO in most respects either doesn't work or doesn't work seamlessly. I have completely abandoned Lightroom, however, their catalog functionality is way, way superior to CO. Just saying.
rjh1007

Postby SFA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:12 am

rjh1007 wrote:
Note to CO - if they ever read these forums - you can do your users a big favor and provide either a quick tool for doing this or fix your drag and drop between catalogs. The drag and drop functionality in CO in most respects either doesn't work or doesn't work seamlessly. I have completely abandoned Lightroom, however, their catalog functionality is way, way superior to CO. Just saying.

This forum is provided by Phase One but intended to be a mainly User to User facility.

HOWEVER if you pass this comment to C1 via the Support Case system you can be sure that your suggestion will be read and considered by the Capture One team.

On the basis that you are having a problem with drag and drop I would suggest that you create both an error report and an Enhancement Request report so that they can be managed separately through the most appropriate channels.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby tallrob » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:44 pm

rjh1007 wrote:Note to CO - if they ever read these forums - you can do your users a big favor and provide either a quick tool for doing this or fix your drag and drop between catalogs. The drag and drop functionality in CO in most respects either doesn't work or doesn't work seamlessly. I have completely abandoned Lightroom, however, their catalog functionality is way, way superior to CO. Just saying.

Yup.
tallrob

Return to Capture One 12.x Software