Anyone else having issues with soft Proofing

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Anyone else having issues with soft Proofing

Postby NNN636873132526897640 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:46 am

I haven't tried to use soft proofing until recently. As my monitors were sRGB and I was mainly exporting out to JPEGS for the web. Now that I've replaced my monitors and calibrated them to Adobe RGB, I wish to use soft proofing.

Example of one issue. My monitors have the correct icc profiles assigned in color management. I have a reciepe for JPEG SRGB, nothing happens to the color in capture one. But when I export the jpeg and view it in IrFranview or FastRawViewer , both using the sRGB icc profile, the colors in the JPEG are saturated.

Further more, you don't necessarily have to put a checkbox on a receipe, just merely highlighting it will apply. Although I saw no change in color in my JPEG sRGB receipe, the output sharpening was applied.

I'm just seeing a lot of inconsistencies.
NNN636873132526897640

Re: Anyone else having issues with soft Proofing

Postby ClauS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:02 am

NNN636873132526897640 wrote:Example of one issue. My monitors have the correct icc profiles assigned in color management. I have a reciepe for JPEG SRGB, nothing happens to the color in capture one. But when I export the jpeg and view it in IrFranview or FastRawViewer , both using the sRGB icc profile, the colors in the JPEG are saturated.

I don't know about FastRawViewer since I've never used it.
First, have you installed the plugin to enable color management in Irfanview? Also, you have to set it to use "current monitor profile" and not sRGB icc profile. The image needs to tell to Irfanview its own color space while the output profile needs to be the one that describes your viewing device, i.e. your monitor. If you tell Irfanview to use sRGB you are telling it that your monitor gamut is sRGB, but your monitor is wide gamut, so it will show oversaturated colors. The same will happen if you haven't installed the plugin.
ClauS

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows